Unhandled exception - recorded TV episode playback (1 Viewer)

rossparkes

Portal Member
May 18, 2012
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi all,

I've had MP 1.4 and MP-TVSeries (latest version) installed and working fine for quite some time now. However, I recently decided to reload my TV Server Channels and now when I play a TV series episode that was recorded after the channels were reloaded I get an Unhandled Exception message box pop up that starts with the following message;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MP - TV/Fullscreen

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application
************** Exception Text **************
SQLite.NET.SQLiteException: SQLiteClient: TVSeriesDatabase4.db3 cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:ERROR detailed:near "s": syntax error query:confused:ELECT EpisodeFilename, SeriesID, EpisodeIndex, SeasonIndex FROM local_episodes WHERE EpisodeFilename = 'D:\TV\TV ONE\Breakfast America's Cup Special\Breakfast America's Cup Special - 2013-09-09 - S1017592 - E10315501.ts'
at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.ThrowError(String statement, String sqlQuery, SqliteError err)
at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.Execute(String query)
at MP_XPressRemoteServer.Classes.TVSeriesHandler.getSeriesIDAndEpisodeNameByFileName(String fileName)
at MP_XPressRemoteServer.MainClass.refreshPlaybackStatus()
at MP_XPressRemoteServer.MainClass.timer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TV episodes recorded after the Channel reload still play fine, however I'm not able to get rid of the above Unhandled exception pop-up without closing MediaPortal.

All episodes recorded prior to the Channel reload still play fine - with no Unhandled exception.

I've tried deleting the episode, and then reloading it via the Database load option in the Recordings option of the TV Server Configuration - this did not fix the Unhandled exception

I tried uninstalling the MP-TVSeries add-in. This did resolve the Unhandled exception, but when I reinstalled the add-in the exception came back again.

I've had a look in the TVSeriesDatabase4 db but haven't been able to locate any of my recorded TV series, so this makes me wonder whether I've managed to screw up some internal reference when I reloaded the TV Server channels?

At this point I really don't want to have to reinstall MediaPortal and add-ins, so I'd very much appreciate feedback from anyone else who has managed to resolve this problem.

Many thanks
Ross

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Ross and welcome Ross :)

Looks to me like the issue is with the MP-TVSeries plugin not being able to handle the apostrophe/single-quote ' character in "America's Cup".
    You're going to need help from the MP-TVSeries plugin maintainer - @ltfearme.

mm

rossparkes

Portal Member
    May 18, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi mm,

Thanks for responding so quickly :)

It appears that you might be onto something with the single quote character - I've just tried playing back an episode from another series with a name that doesn't contain an apostrophe and it works fine.

I'll do a bit more checking and then make contact with the plugin maintainer.

Cheers
    Ross

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just looking at your log entries again and the references to "MP_XPressRemoteServer"... do you have some kind of additional plugin (aside from MP-TVSeries) that could be hooking into the MP-TVSeries database?

rossparkes

Portal Member
    May 18, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm running a pretty lean configuration. Here's all the extensions;

BackupSettings
    Extensions
    FanartHandler
    LAVFilters
    MediaPortalUrlSourceSplitter
    MPRemote Server
    MP-TVSeries
    OnlineVideos
    TitanExtended
    Trakt for MediaPortal

Trakt would look to be the only possibility, but I've not logged into it.

rossparkes

Portal Member
    May 18, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've just had a look at one of my other clients and realised that the Trakt version is different between them. I've now removed the newer version of Trakt from my TV Server and the problem has gone (y) - so it looks as though version 3.0.0.0 of Trakt has the SQL parsing issue not MP-TVSeries.

Thanks for your help

Cheers
    Ross

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Why do you think this is a Trakt issue? According to your call stack it's MPRemote Server. Trakt does not parse any SQL, it uses the MyTV API.

Maybe MPRemote Server uses the Trakt plugin API for something, I have no idea as I haven't heard of that plugin before.

rossparkes

Portal Member
    May 18, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi lifearme, you're correct, it's not a Trakt issue. After a bit more fiddling around I've been able to consistently create the issue by adding and removing the MPRemote Server. I'm still learning how to read the Exception text, so next time I'll spend a bit more time working through this before I start hacking around with the AddIns. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom