DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hello,
    Since 1.3 I have the error that sometimes after a suspend resume All cards including MePo default DVB-IP and radio are shown as unknown.
    Stopping then restarting tv server does not resolve all the time the issue. However Disable cards / RTEstart tvserver / enable do always resolve the issue. Here are picture from tvserver before and after this action. I will try to make logs.
    Any idea? I did play with time to dfetect card but it is not related as virtual cards suffer same problem.
    unknown cards after remove card.png
    unknown cards after PowerOFF.png

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    here are the logs . 2nd ZIp is after stop and start using services

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

I think the problem is your network adapter.
    Before:
    [2013-05-12 10:34:53,794] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: started at Mediabox
    [2013-05-12 10:34:53,794] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:192.168.0.104
    [2013-05-12 10:34:53,841] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: server running on 192.168.0.104

After:
    [2013-05-12 10:55:45,834] [Log ] [PowerEventThread] [INFO ] - Controller: started at Mediabox
    [2013-05-12 10:55:45,834] [Log ] [PowerEventThread] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:127.0.0.1

mm

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Mm,

Any idea how to fix this behavior? How a network adapter is linked to the card declarations? Because of stream 3 issue I had to use the real ip for streaming instead of local host or host name. Could that cause this problem?
    Otherwise it is win 8 related.
    Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Any idea how to fix this behavior? How a network adapter is linked to the card declarations?
    The network adaptor is not directly linked to card detection... however...
    Server instance is linked to IP address/hostname... and cards/tuners are related to the server instance.
    I'm not sure how to fix this except to further delay the start of the TV service.

Because of stream 3 issue I had to use the real ip for streaming instead of local host or host name. Could that cause this problem?
    Nope.

Otherwise it is win 8 related.
    Maybe, but more likely it is the Win 8 driver for your network adaptor that is the problem.

mm

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I changed USB wifi stick and forced fixed IP. So far the problem did not come back.

Thx mm:)

JakobArvad

Portal Member
    July 11, 2011
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hello I got kind of the same issue. Running windows 7 pro 64 bits. Some time my tv cards are unknown in TV-server configuration, but they look fine in windows device manager. A restart of the pc solves the problem.

Attachments

• AfterRestart_MP_TVServerTVCards.png
      AfterRestart_MP_TVServerTVCards.png
      96.8 KB
    • BeforeRestart_MP_TVServerTVCards.png
      BeforeRestart_MP_TVServerTVCards.png
      104.3 KB
    • WindowsDeviceManagerTuner.png
      WindowsDeviceManagerTuner.png
      90.9 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Some time my tv cards are unknown in TV-server configuration, but they look fine in windows device manager.
    TV Server is started before you have a chance to see device manager, so this is not a fair comparison. ;)

Right now TV Server only detects tuners at startup.
    You may need to delay the start of the TV service.
    To check if this would work, please restart the TV service instead of restarting the PC.

mm

JakobArvad

Portal Member
    July 11, 2011
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi. the delay was at 2. I have changed it to 5. But I get this issue when the server wakes from sleep. I dont shutdown the pc. Next time i'll restart the TV service to se if this helps.
    As you can see I only had one tuner, but what if i had 2 programs scheduled for recording at the same time. How can i set the schedule to restart the TV service?Power trigger doesn't work on sheduled task. I use powershedule++ can i have this to restart tv sevice before at shedule recording is starting?
    Do you need more logs?
    BR. Jakob

JakobArvad

Portal Member
    July 11, 2011
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Changing the delay to 5 seconds didnt help. Restart the tv service fix the issue. But still how can i restart the tv service when a schedule recording i starting. Is the tunes status available inside a table in MySql? Then maybe I can make a trigger to restart the service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom