Unknown card after suspend (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Jakob

Hi. the delay was at 2. I have changed it to 5.
    This size of change will not make much difference.

But I get this issue when the server wakes from sleep.
    In that case the delay will not make any difference at all as it is only applied when the TV service first starts.

As you can see I only had one tuner, but what if i had 2 programs scheduled for recording at the same time. How can i set the schedule to restart the TV service?
    You can create a bat file containing the commands to restart the TV service:
    net stop TVService
    net start TVService
    ... then use the Windows schedule to automate.

Power trigger doesn't work on sheduled task. I use powershedule++ can i have this to restart tv sevice before at shedule recording is starting?
    PS++ can be configured to reinitialise the service on wakeup, and in that case the delay would be applied.

mm

LionHe

Portal Member
    April 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have a similar issue with my dvb-t usb stick (note that the same does not happen for my other dvb-s skystar s2 usb tuner). It is a chinese tuner IT9135 BDA tuner: the drivers provided were not compatible with windows 7 x64, I found an update version on the internet. I'm running mediaportal 1.3.

Often, but not always, it is not detected after a resume from standby or a reboot (the string "unknown" appears in the type column in the tv server). Some times stopping and starting the tv-service
    is enough. Some times I have to disable it it with device manager and re-enable it: it may happen
    that the stick is not recognized by the PC (error 43 in device manager). Unplugging and re-plugging USB is then necessary, not even a reboot is useful. It may happen that I have to change USB port to make it be recognized again.
    Once it is recognized, it works decently (sometimes it gives continuity error, due to low signal probably).
    It seems an hardware issue (as it did not happen at the beginning) but it may also be related to drivers.

As there's no support for drivers, I think that I have to get another stick, or an internal DVB-T tuner, unless there are some other actions or workarounds. I've read somewhere to use it to restart the tvservice but I cannot find that option: I set powerscheduler++ to reinitialize the tuner ( but the help says it does not restart the tvservice). I reboot the HTPC every night, and the problem seemed to get slightly worse, but i'm not sure.
    Are there something else that I can do before looking for a new dvb-t tuner?
    Thank you,
    LionHe

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom