Unknown error occured while using two tuners (FloppyDTV/S2) (1 Viewer)

Topstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2008
    Arnemuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Guys I'm running MP 4 a long time now, and since 1.1 I can't seem 2 use both channels.
    I did a reinstall of my system but that didn't solve the problem...

When I record one channel and try to view the second channel, I get the message "unknown error occured"
    Both cards are fully functional, I checked that by disable one per time (is that english :D)

I don't know what to do 2 solve this problem perhaps you guys can help me out!

The bug report is attached to this post (great tool by the way to report your problems!)

Regards,

Topstar

MediaPortal Version: MP 1.120
    MediaPortal Skin: bluewide
    Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate
    CPU Type: AMD X9550
    HDD: 1,5TB+16GB SSD
    Memory: 2GB
    Motherboard: Gigabyte MA78GM-S2H
    Video Card: onboard ATI Radeon HD3200
    Video Card Driver: 8.632.1.2000
    Sound Card: Audigy ZS
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card:
    1. TV Card Type: Floppydtv S2
    1. TV Card Driver: 5.7
    2. TV Card: Floppydtv S2
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver: 5.7
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video Decoder (PDVD10)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink Audio Decoder
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video Decoder (PDVD10)
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: CanalDigitaal Astra 19.2 &23.5
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion
    Cooling: Just Case Fans
    Power Supply:
    Remote: M$ Remote
    TV: Tatung
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    are they both trying to use the same CAM?

Also we be helpful if you could give a time frame when this happened and channel / program names etc (even better would be if you could delete the tv logs then use the debug option from the start menu to gather new logs and replicate the issue. Currently your MP logs only show you viewing a channel but tv logs have stuff like webepg in

Topstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2008
    Arnemuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    are they both trying to use the same CAM?

Also we be helpful if you could give a time frame when this happened and channel / program names etc (even better would be if you could delete the tv logs then use the debug option from the start menu to gather new logs and replicate the issue. Currently your MP logs only show you viewing a channel but tv logs have stuff like webepg in

Hi jameson-uk,

In answer on your questions:

Timeframe: doesn;t matter it I've tested several times on different times, always the same error.
    Channel: it fails with HD channels but also free to air channels.
    CAM: Each floppydtv has it's own CAM.

Tomorrow I'll post a new bugreport after I've deleted the logs.

Thanks 4 ur support so far! :D

Topstar

tepahe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 3, 2009
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Topstar!

Did you find out what was wrong with your setup?
    I have the same problem. I'm using three FireDTV that all works one at a time in windows7 but not two at the same time.
    Eg I cant record two programs or record one while watcing another. I then get the "A unknown error occured" I have a dual boot with windows XP where this works as expected.

Any help is very welcome. I love MP.

debug logs attached.

Best regards
    Patrick

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Patrick

It does seem like you're experiencing a similar issue to topstar, but possibly not exactly the same. Is the problem only with specific channels or all channels? From a TV Server perspective there is no reason why one card should work while others should not, so I do wonder whether it may be a driver, firmware or operating system related issue. As you have said, the setup works fine on XP, and I notice topstar was also having problems with Windows 7. Are you using the latest drivers and firmware for the cards, and are you able to test with other software?

mm

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    Hi Patrick,

When MP tries to run the graph for the last couple of tunes, an error code is returned:

Error 0x800705AA: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

Can you check how much free disk space and memory you have available?

Thanks,

Jon

tepahe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 3, 2009
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi mm and Jon.

mm:
    >Is the problem only with specific channels or all channels?
    All channels

>Are you using the latest drivers and firmware for the cards, and are you able to test with other software?

I'm using the latest FireDTV drivers and firmware which I guess would be the first thing to suspect could cause problems.
    Do you have any software to recommend, I'd prefer something that does not take days to get up and running;-)

Jon:
    I think you're on to something here. I have checked the available diskspace and memory and there seems to be no problem with either one.

I now have two fireDTVs running at the same time but as soon as I use a third (Does not matter which one) one i get an error. The three FireDTVs are all running without any AC-adaptors only powered by the PC. I have one firewire controller/connector on the motherboard and one PCI-card with another three Firewire connectors.

My suspicion is that somehow in Windows7 my FireDTV controllers are not able to feed the FireDTVs with enough power but in XP they are. I have no idea if this make sense or not...Could an Error 0x800705AA: be caused by underpowered FireDTV's maybe?

Any way I will investigate this later by adding one or more AC-adaptors for the FireDTVs.

I might also try some other software as suggested by mm to rule out any problems with MediaPortal.

Thanks a lot!
    Patrick

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    Just a thought - are the FireDTVs PCI or PCI-express?

If they're all conventional PCI, the error might possibly be caused by insufficient bandwidth or some other limitation of the PCI bus.

tepahe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 3, 2009
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Jon.

The tuners themselves are all Firewire based tuners hence the name FireDTV;)
    The PCI-card providing the extra three firewire ports I think is PCI and not pci-express but i'm not 100% sure.
    Don't think it's a bandwidh thingie though since they all work fine in XP....

Maybe Windows7 somehow consume more resources and that somehow effects how much power the FireDTV controllers can provide....well I guess it will show if thats the case when I'll try with the AC-adaptors.

Thanks for all the input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom