Unresolved Regional Settings related skin bug (1 Viewer)

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Here is the history of both communication between me and gemx, and the log of the error from version 1.0.1 which still exists in version 1.0.2 (they are exactly the same)...
    UNOPARATOR said:
    gemx said:
    UNOPARATOR said:
    0001138: localization problem - MediaPortal Bugtracker

I've added new information about the subject, I hope one of the developers could address this issue soon.

Or at least MP should ask under which Culture and UICulture it should be executed like this (VB)
    Code:
    Application.ChangeCulture("en-US")
    Application.ChangeUICulture("en-US")
    on ApplicationStartUp...

Thanks for your help.
    I am working on it :)
    Hello again, it seems the problem still exists in final v1.0.1, at least in the skin cache creation stage:
    On a clean install or delete skin folders under c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache\ on an existing install with Turkish Regional Settings, and you'll be able to see these files throw exceptions while creating the skin cache:
    • settingsUICalibration.png --> which is lowercased to settingsuıcalibration.png instead of settingsuicalibration.png
    • VisualizationTrackInfo.png --> which is lowercased to visualizationtrackınfo.png instead of visualizationtrackinfo.png
    • block_I.png --> which is lowercased to tetris\block_ı.png instead of tetris\block_i.png
    Here is the Issue in BugTracker for you to remember.

Both of those files are giving the same exception (only the filename is different in the exception message of course):
    2009-04-13 15:52:20.189142 [ERROR][MPMain]: D3D: InitializeDeviceObjects - Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\skin\blue3wide\media\settingsuıcalibration.png
    at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
    at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.TexturePacker.AddBitmap(PackedTextureNode root, Image rootImage, String file, Boolean& dontAdd)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.TexturePacker.PackSkinGraphics(String skinName)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextureManager.Init()
    at MediaPortalApp.InitializeDeviceObjects()
    at MediaPortal.D3DApp.InitializeEnvironment()

Final v1.0.0 was also having the same problems with SQL Server DB Creation because of the same casing problems, I haven't checked those yet in final v1.1.0 yet...

Thanks in advance for all you and the team's great effort!!!

Edit: status update on the second page's first message...

donjuan

Portal Member
    February 9, 2008
    Here is the history of both communication between me and gemx, and the log of the error from version 1.0.1 which still exists in version 1.0.2 (they are exactly the same)...
    UNOPARATOR said:
    gemx said:
    Thanks for your help.
    I am working on it :)
    Hello again, it seems the problem still exists in final v1.0.1, at least in the skin cache creation stage:
    On a clean install or delete skin folders under c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache\ on an existing install with Turkish Regional Settings, and you'll be able to see these files throw exceptions while creating the skin cache:
    • settingsUICalibration.png --> which is lowercased to settingsuıcalibration.png instead of settingsuicalibration.png
    • VisualizationTrackInfo.png --> which is lowercased to visualizationtrackınfo.png instead of visualizationtrackinfo.png
    • block_I.png --> which is lowercased to tetris\block_ı.png instead of tetris\block_i.png
    Here is the Issue in BugTracker for you to remember.

Both of those files are giving the same exception (only the filename is different in the exception message of course):
    2009-04-13 15:52:20.189142 [ERROR][MPMain]: D3D: InitializeDeviceObjects - Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\skin\blue3wide\media\settingsuıcalibration.png
    at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
    at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.TexturePacker.AddBitmap(PackedTextureNode root, Image rootImage, String file, Boolean& dontAdd)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.TexturePacker.PackSkinGraphics(String skinName)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextureManager.Init()
    at MediaPortalApp.InitializeDeviceObjects()
    at MediaPortal.D3DApp.InitializeEnvironment()

Final v1.0.0 was also having the same problems with SQL Server DB Creation because of the same casing problems, I haven't checked those yet in final v1.1.0 yet...

Thanks in advance for all you and the team's great effort!!!

What a shame that, as a Turkish user, I have been waiting for over a year these issues to be resolved.I want to use Mediaportal desperately but I could not.Although I changed my settings back to English all, my card Skystar2 can not be recognized also, I have sent logs but noone took us, Turkish users seriously until now.

The above mentioned bug still exists along with the sql card creation database exception.

Developers, please hear us and at least comment on how we can resolve it.

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    A possible solution is already included in the link of previous bug tracker item
    The solution :
    I replaced all .ToLower() methods with .ToLowerInvariant() and that was it.

Suggestion : I know you will find out a better solution for this...
    In my opinion it should be better to use case sensitive filenames (as in C# syntax )
    or
    first try to find the filename as it is (case sensitive) and if no file is found try to find the filename with .ToLowerInvariant() and if still not found try to find with .ToLower() (as the current thread's cultureInfo -Regional Settings)...

donjuan

Portal Member
    February 9, 2008
    Where???

"I replaced all .ToLower() methods with .ToLowerInvariant() and that was it."

1) In which file is this .ToLower() statement?

Where ???? please be more specific.Not everyone on this forum is a programmer from source.

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    First, you need to get the source codes from SVN (instruction can be found on the site), then open the solution in Visual Studio & open any .cs file.
    Second, using the Ctrl + H key combination open the Replace dialog & change "Quick Replace" to "Replace in Files" and select "Look in" as "Entire Solution".
    Third, type .ToLower() under "Find what" & type .ToLowerInvariant() under "Replace with"
    Finally, Rebuild the solution...

As you can see donjuan, if you don't have Visual Studio (or you are not a programmer) you can't do this...

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Good to hear that, I'm willing to beta test for any fixes about this issue. =)

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    As you can read from the 1st line of my post here, it apparently is NOT fixed :(

Although I haven't checked the source codes of 1.0.1 or later (which previously I offered a possible solution to), the symptoms (as I explained with details in the 1st post) suggests the same issue.

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Any progress

If any developer (with Turkish regional settings or could at least change it temporarily for testing) could verify this issue and open a bug, I'll try to fix it with a patch...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom