[News] Upcoming 1.1.0 RC2 Release (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I don't see why people just run SVN if they can't wait for RC2 and refresh the page tens of times a day... I do and loving the fixed issues :p
    Care to give us a tutorial? ;)

Seriously, I followed the wiki guidelines for developers only to find that they were a bit out of date. Using an express edition is not easy (for me at least - maybe it isn't supported for Windows 7). It will be even more difficult for MP II.

MLH01.

You no longer need Visual studio to compile MP. It can be compiled with MsBuild which comes with Windows 7/.Net v3.5 SDK.
    To build the installer you also need to have NSIS installed.

Having these installed and the source code downloaded according to the wiki page, it should be a simple matter of running the "build deploy release.bat" in mediaportal and TvEngine3 subfolders. The .bat files should create an installer in these folders:
    mediaportal\Setup\Release\
    and
    TvEngine3\TVLibrary\Setup\Release\

From then on you can change the source code to your desires. Just remember to share your improvements in the submit patches section. Happy coding!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can I just say that Seidelin has done a enormous amount of testing regarding RC2 in the last 48 hours and come up with some nice fixes for MP, which would of made release nowhere near as useable for end users, myself included.

So a big THANKS :D

But not to spoil the party, there has been so much testing\changes done by the Team since what was to be the RC2, that hopefully no one will be disappointed when it is released, think it is the best version ever, so congrat's to Dev's and Tester's alike.

Enjoy

Regards

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can I just say that Seidelin has done a enormous amount of testing regarding RC2 in the last 48 hours and come up with some nice fixes for MP, which would of made release nowhere near as useable for end users, myself included.

So a big THANKS :D

But not to spoil the party, there has been so much testing\changes done by the Team since what was to be the RC2, that hopefully no one will be disappointed when it is released, think it is the best version ever, so congrat's to Dev's and Tester's alike.

Enjoy

Regards

If that's not a teaser I don't know what is! RC1 has been better than 1.1 Beta which in turn was better than 1.0.2 so if RC2 can top keep that going then I think the Dev & Testing teams need a big pat on the back! :D

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    RC2 should be a lot better than RC1 with more than a few performance fixes. The MP experience should be smoother than ever before. Now we just need to make sure that we haven't broken too much in the process, and iron out the last kinks we find in testing.

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I don't see why people just run SVN if they can't wait for RC2 and refresh the page tens of times a day... I do and loving the fixed issues :p
    Care to give us a tutorial? ;)

Seriously, I followed the wiki guidelines for developers only to find that they were a bit out of date. Using an express edition is not easy (for me at least - maybe it isn't supported for Windows 7). It will be even more difficult for MP II.

MLH01.

You no longer need Visual studio to compile MP. It can be compiled with MsBuild which comes with Windows 7/.Net v3.5 SDK.
    To build the installer you also need to have NSIS installed.

Having these installed and the source code downloaded according to the wiki page, it should be a simple matter of running the "build deploy release.bat" in mediaportal and TvEngine3 subfolders. The .bat files should create an installer in these folders:
    mediaportal\Setup\Release\
    and
    TvEngine3\TVLibrary\Setup\Release\

From then on you can change the source code to your desires. Just remember to share your improvements in the submit patches section. Happy coding!
    Thanks for the instructions Seidelin. I did get as far as the MsBuild part, but didn't know what to do from there (i.e. running the .bat files). I gave up after that :(.

Your instructions have 'filled in the blanks' for me. Very much appreciated! :D

:D
    MLH01.

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks for the instructions Seidelin. I did get as far as the MsBuild part, but didn't know what to do from there (i.e. running the .bat files). Very much appreciated! :D

Thanks for your kind words. If you want to help, you are most welcome to update the wiki guide to compile MP, now that you have it in fresh memory. That will probably help a lot other users now and in the future.

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    that would be me (I'm one of them that got to running a batch and gave up)... and still gave up
    also would be nice to learn to add a patch (from one of them postponed patch such as allow Closed Captions)

btw.. Im going to be gone for a couple of days tomorrow.. so please don't release RC2 till I get back :p

Vff

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the instructions Seidelin. I did get as far as the MsBuild part, but didn't know what to do from there (i.e. running the .bat files). Very much appreciated! :D

Thanks for your kind words. If you want to help, you are most welcome to update the wiki guide to compile MP, now that you have it in fresh memory. That will probably help a lot other users now and in the future.

I'd be glad to update the wiki :)

I will wait until I successfully carry out all steps (including the installer parts) before I commit anything to the wiki. It will only be for Win7 as I don't have an XP (or Vista) machine any more. But it will be a start.

MLH01.

4irm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Upcoming 1.1.0 RC2 Release

...the truth is i havent been able to use mp for weeks now (since rc1 release). i use a hd5450, no way to get a SD picture, sometimes HD works. have tried everything new core.dll different catalyst drivers etc.

therefore i am slightly disappointed that snv's arent provided....

regards
    irm

I also have a 5450 with RC1 and i can not confirm your problems!

RC1 + Cata 10.3 + SAF5 = SD / HD with no problem! (except stuttering on Sat1/Pro7 which should be fixed in RC2 rumours say)

compiled my own svn yesterday. everything is perfect now. for the first time ever i am able to use powerdvd codec in dxva mode for live tv (sd/hd)....

thx.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom