[News] Upcoming 1.1.0 RC2 Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi All,

I have updated the wiki guide for compiling MediaPortal, which now includes instructions for compiling under Windows 7 using MSBuild.

I have compiled MediaPortal and TvEngine3 using these instructions with a successful build of version 25466. I'd have to agree that this is an excellent build and believe people will be very happy with 1.1.0 RC2 when it arrives :)

I have left the original MSBuild instructions in the guide in case it is still useful to others.

MLH01.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for doing that, hopefully everyone who cannot wait for RC2 can now compile their very own pre-release.

For those that can wait pretty sure RC2 release just around the corner :)

Regards

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi All,

I have updated the wiki guide for compiling MediaPortal, which now includes instructions for compiling under Windows 7 using MSBuild.

I have compiled MediaPortal and TvEngine3 using these instructions with a successful build of version 25466. I'd have to agree that this is an excellent build and believe people will be very happy with 1.1.0 RC2 when it arrives :)

I have left the original MSBuild instructions in the guide in case it is still useful to others.

MLH01.

I fixed some inaccuracies in your guide. The old msbuild guide was just out of date (fixed now). The method you described works for all OS's (fixed now).

I also fixed up the guide to compile the C++ stuff (not needed unless you change the C++ code). That was quite misleading before about requiring latest SDK's where in fact it wont work with the latest SDK's.

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Make sure you get your sources from the MediaPortal SVN server. Your old SVN revision for TV-Server suggests your sources are from the sourceforge.net SVN server. Use relocate and update the server address according to the wiki. Make sure that all the source folders are pointing to our own SVN server.

BBO

Portal Member
    November 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Make sure you get your sources from the MediaPortal SVN server. Your old SVN revision for TV-Server suggests your sources are from the sourceforge.net SVN server. Use relocate and update the server address according to the wiki. Make sure that all the source folders are pointing to our own SVN server.

I'm using: https://sources.team-mediaportal.com/svn/public/trunk/TvEngine3
    but stuck at the revision from 07.01.2010.
    Will try and check everything there again.
    And read some more ;-)
    Thx again

ProjektC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Upcoming 1.1.0 RC2 Release

Da mein Englisch leider nicht gut ist, schreibe ich es auf Deutsch, vielleicht kann es einer übersetzen oder in wiki einstellen.
    Mit c:/svnroot/mediaportal/trunk usw geht es zumindest mit dem msbuilder und dem nullsoft installer nicht.
    Das Problem ist, das damit über 254 Zeichen erstellt werden, und beim build installer er dann abricht, weil er über 254 Zeichen kommt.
    Ist eine normale Windows Limitierung.
    Es funktioniert ohne Probleme, wenn alles direkt ins c:/ rein gemacht wird, weil man dann unterm Limit ist und er auch den installer sauber durch macht.
    Vielleicht kann das noch beachtet werden.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Translation of ProjectC

Da mein Englisch leider nicht gut ist, schreibe ich es auf Deutsch, vielleicht kann es einer übersetzen oder in wiki einstellen.
    Mit c:/svnroot/mediaportal/trunk usw geht es zumindest mit dem msbuilder und dem nullsoft installer nicht.
    Das Problem ist, das damit über 254 Zeichen erstellt werden, und beim build installer er dann abricht, weil er über 254 Zeichen kommt.
    Ist eine normale Windows Limitierung.
    Es funktioniert ohne Probleme, wenn alles direkt ins c:/ rein gemacht wird, weil man dann unterm Limit ist und er auch den installer sauber durch macht.
    Vielleicht kann das noch beachtet werden.

Because my English isn't really good, I write in German. Maybe someone can translate it or add it to the wiki.

With c:/svnroot/mediaportal/trunk as path the compilation doesn't work, at least with msbuilder and nullsoft installer. The problem is, that [the path] exceeds 254 characters, causing the build installer to break off. This is a normal windows limitation.

Everything works if you use c:/ , because then you stay under 254 characters.

Maybe this can be noted.

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Could you please elaborate? It works fine for me using Windows 7 (should be the same for Vista and XP). I tried both methods - command line (changing to appropriate directory and executing the batch files) and through Windows explorer (double clicking on the batch files).

MLH01.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom