"upcoming episodes" arrow key set recording - Ok/rtn doesn't work (1 Viewer)

alister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 11, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is on my Parents System

Arrows keys work normally till I get to the upcoming episode menu

It which point something weird happens:

Ok/Return on keyboard do nothing, upto now have selected item i.e. TV->TV Guide -> Episode all done with left/right/up/down/ok

pressing up/down moves to correct item but also selects one you have left

e.g.

Ep 1
    Ep 2
    Ep 3

moving from Ep1 to Ep 2 sets EP1 to record, moving back sets Ep 2 to record and clears Ep1
    -------------
    I've tried the remote in Notepad and the arrow keys work as expected

Changing the repeat delay from -1 to 2000 cause the arrow keys to double move everywhere in mp
    --------------
    What's got me is that this only occurs in "upcoming episodes" nowhere else, if it happened elsewhere I could try other settings.

Log files attached zipped

Attachments

• log.zip
      23.7 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    pressing up/down moves to correct item but also selects one you have left
    It is not obvious what might be causing this, but I see from your "System Specs" that your parents' system is using the "StreamedMP" skin. It would be worth trying a different skin, such as "DefaultWideHD", which should already be installed. If the problem persists, it rules out the skin as the cause.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

alister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 11, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Home Country
    Tested

- other remote no change
    - default wide no change (reboot of whole PC and retest still no change)

here is what is happening (see log file)

in upcoming episodes when you press the down key (or up)
    Action:4 / ACTION_MOVE_DOWN - is triggered

however the system also sets up the recording without
    Action: 7 / ACTION_SELECT_ITEM

Attachments

• log of problem.txt
      9.7 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    in upcoming episodes when you press the down key (or up), Action:4 / ACTION_MOVE_DOWN - is triggered; however the system also sets up the recording without Action: 7 / ACTION_SELECT_ITEM
    Unfortunately, the person who wrote the support for the remote control visits this web site only occasionally now, and I am not sure that there is anyone else who can diagnose this stuff.

I have just tried different combinations of settings in the "Remotes and Input Devices" section of "MP Config", but I was not able to reproduce your symptoms. Sorry, but I don't have any other suggestions to make (I use a different sort of remote control, one that uses a different interface layer).

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    One possibility occurred to me: I notice from your system specs that your parents' system has a TBS quad-tuner card. The TBS tuner card that I have included a remote control plus an infrared receiver that plugs into the tuner card. Are you trying to use either the TBS remote control or the TBS IR receiver? These are not standard MCE RC6 devices, and I don't think that they will work "straight out of the box". It may be possible to get them to work with MP, but I never tried that (I already had an MCE RC6 remote control and receiver).

alister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 11, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Home Country
    It's not a remote issue as it happens with the keyboard as well - tested this will pull logs tonight

Also I'm using a MCE6 remote nothing to do with TBS remote, I also tested with my logitech harmony that configured as a MCE

Noticed this:

If TV is being viewed when to you to Upcoming Episodes (UE) everything works as expected. Stopping the TV reverts to this weird behavior, restarting TV back to normal. And stopping TV reverts back to this.

This was fine in 1.18 I upgraded the single seat to 1.20 and everything was okay or so I was told.

I'm thinking do I bite the bullet and do a complete rebuild inc. Windows? I'd rather not just reinstall MP, as being Win 7 it means I can start from Fresh.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do not recommend either Windows or MP re-installation, though it could indeed fix your issue as the default configuration hopefully does not exhibit that problem.
    Keyboard and remote handling are often one and the same thing.

alister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 11, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Home Country
    Ok I've tried and tried

Clean Windows/MP install - no changes still an issue

Issue persists with on-screen kb - WTF?
    Issue persists with on-screen and titan

"New" weirdness - the OSD volume was always there so I tested changing volume, which also set the program to record.

Found a solution that seems wrong

In Keys and sound (depreciated)

If I set down to action_invalid the down key stops working
    If I change the sound from cursor.wav to c:\windows\media\tada.wav it works! no tada sound but it works

alister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 11, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Home Country
    Even more weirdness

Changing to no sound problem goes away as well - seems cursor.wav or click.wav have issue

But vol+ or vol- also make the recording happen as well as changing the volume.
    <ok> which is select (RTN in notepad) seems to have a double action as well

This is definitely a bug as was working fine 1.18 - I'm going to log it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom