Upcoming MP2 Alpha Release- TODO List ! (1 Viewer)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Upcoming MP2 Alpha Release- TODO List !

Exactly, still reading and following mp2 git pushes.... via rss, but I am not able to do anything next 6 months, since almost every weekend we visit another place-to-go ;)
    Sorry for that, but I hopefully you can find your way into wix.

cheers
    Tommy

JacobJust

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    i have been following all the work done on MP2 lately and i must say that it is getting better and better.

I really like many of the features...

I would like to test better on main HTPC but lack the possibility of handling MP2 with remote or keyboard shortcuts.

It would be great to use a few of the standard buttons like stop, play and menu.

With these few keyboard shortcuts it would mean that we can test MP2 in daily use with remote.

Any chance of this coming soon ?

Regards
    Jacob Just

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

In theory, if you install and configure IRSS for your remote, MP2 should be able to receive the commands. MP2 should already be able to react to the multimedia buttons and to some others.

IRSS is available here: https://github.com/MediaPortal/IR-Server-Suite
    But it is not public at the moment. Chemelli, why not?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

@JacobJust

I know what you mean, it's already on the Todo list:
    ToDo list after Alpha release:

• [*]map Keys to workflows to allow global actions (i.e. MCE Remote actions-> Live TV, TV Guide, Media Library...) (?, ?)

I tested the IRServer plugin and it is indeed working :) The "Play", "Pause", "Stop" commands did work, if I remember correctly.

But we still need to map the received key to useful actions: like the MCE buttons to directly enter Media plugin a.s.o.

JacobJust

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks for the responds...

IT WORKS, I'm using Girder to receive Commands from B&O remote and i translated them into MCE commands like the "{media_play_pause}" and it works.

I have been using MP2 for the last 2 hours and it is working quite nicely.

The TV plugin is working very good !!! Channel change is slow the first 2 times (oddly enough) but the third time and after that it changes channels much more quickly than MP1 !!! There is no black screen between channel change it just "flips" over to the other channel very fast.

When Video is started it just starts instantly. Even .iso files just start playing instantly. Even BluRay .iso start play instantly.

I COULD GET USED TO THIS. And the PiP function .... NICE.

Still some issues though, like no subtitles in mkv files (they show as selectable, but they are not shown on screen) and other more GUI things are still needed to get looked at.

But the feeling of MP2 with the responsiveness and VERY fast media playing - I'm congratulating the team with what is happening.

Thank you !

Regards
    Jacob Just

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi JacobJust,

Nice to see you like our work :)

Still some issues though, like no subtitles in mkv files (they show as selectable, but they are not shown on screen)

Personnaly, I use DirectVobSub to display the subtitles, and it works fine here. IIRC, the only internal subtitler is for DVD playback (Morpheus ? Can you confirm ?)

and other more GUI things are still needed to get looked at.

Can you please give us some examples ?

Cheers.

Smeulf.

JacobJust

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Smeulf

When navigating in SlimTvClient and watching channels and press enter or ok the OSD with channels selection is shown.

But nothing is selected as highlighted . When pressing down nothing happens, but when pressing up button, the selection is shown and you can navigate.

In settings when navigating in left column and clicks down when nothing is there it jumps to the right column. But in Right column and clicking down when nothing is there it jumps to navigation tree in button. When going into fullscreen option and selecting yes/no and going back nothing is selected as highlighted. Have to do a "move" before you know where the highlighted selection is.

Guess I'm missing some more fine tuning on the logics of the navigation in MP2. (Maybe this is skin related) ... (i just tried to change skin and some is skin related and some is the same.)

Since this is in the category of fine tuning i think MP2 have come a long way...

Im very excited to see what will happen in near future with MP2 :)

Regards

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: AW: Upcoming MP2 Alpha Release- TODO List !

In theory, if you install and configure IRSS for your remote, MP2 should be able to receive the commands. MP2 should already be able to react to the multimedia buttons and to some others.

IRSS is available here: https://github.com/MediaPortal/IR-Server-Suite
    But it is not public at the moment. Chemelli, why not?

IRSS is not public yet because it lacks the last step of svn->git migration: DeployGitVersion.
    This versioning exe is too binded to MP1 and doesn't work.

I just sent a PM to some of the Dev Team members to ask for a help on fixing it and thus releasing IRSS.

Happy xmas to all of you and your beloved.

Simone

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

JacobJust, you're right, the control focus navigation problems you mentioned are of two kinds: SkinEngine related and skin related.
    Unlike MP1, where the skin developer has to DEFINE for each control which other control will get the focus when the arrows are pressed, in MP2 the SkinEngine calculates the next focus control depending on control positions and sizes. The algorithm takes the control which is the "nearest" in the given arrow direction. It's hard to define "nearest" and sometimes, the calculation results in a focus control a human would not have guessed. Personally, I think the focus movement is quite well in most of the cases. That's why I implemented it that way. But maybe, we can fine-tune the calculation further.

The other kind of problems, skin related problems, simply have to be fixed in the screen files. Here, when the master template screens are not used, the skin dev has to take care of different settings in the screen, which have already been made in the standard template screens which are used for the menu navigation and so on.

So thanks, you pointed me to some problems in the fullscreen content screens! :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Upcoming MP2 Alpha Release- TODO List !

IRSS is not public yet because it lacks the last step of svn->git migration: DeployGitVersion.
    This versioning exe is too binded to MP1 and doesn't work.

I just sent a PM to some of the Dev Team members to ask for a help on fixing it and thus releasing IRSS.
    Are there any news on IRSS for MP2? It would be really good to have an installer ready when Alpha will be released. I only have here a very old snapshot, it works but is not up-to-date.

I also tried the IRC !build_... command and it did not work as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom