[Proposal] Update Database after show/movie is watched (1 Viewer)

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
May 5, 2012
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I dont know of this is possible. I think it would be cool not only to detect where i left off on a show but to update the database as well. So for example i watch a show at a episode outside the house and i could come home and media portal know to go to the next one instead of manually changing to the next unmatched episode.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's something we've tought about, but it's not realistically possible at the moment. We support a lot of different backends (Moving Pictures, MyFilms, MP Videos, etc) and it's a bit challenging to support write access to each database.

It might happen at some point in the future, but unless someone writes the code, I don't think it'll be added soon.

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ok, I've downloaded everything to help but haven't had time. Between sick kids and job hunting.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Workaround: You could just update trakt only using their API. Then all other databases that are sync'd with trakt would update (eventually). I'm not sure what proportion of MPExtended users would have Trakt installed, but I think it's a pretty essential plugin for most powerusers and it tends to be the powerusers that also have mp extended installed, so I would guess most users would have trakt running as well.

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Workaround: You could just update trakt only using their API. Then all other databases that are sync'd with trakt would update (eventually). I'm not sure what proportion of MPExtended users would have Trakt installed, but I think it's a pretty essential plugin for most powerusers and it tends to be the powerusers that also have mp extended installed, so I would guess most users would have trakt running as well.
    That already happens if you've configured your Trakt account in MPExtended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom