Update MySQL 5.1 to latest 5.6 version (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Maybe it will be possible to add a menu in deploy to ask user if they want to update MySQL 5.1 to 5.6 with a warning (that it can failed and it will migrate all db from 5.1 to 5.6)

But in worst case, the 5.1 database is not deleted :)

If i'm in mood, i can try to look @ the code to add this selection (on upgrade).

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And how Change the old db in the new one ? Export Import ? or is this done by your Setup?

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So i think it looks very good and i use now MySQL 5.6 with InnoDB. So all is automaticly switched to the new DB. So i can delet / uninstall the old MySQL 5.1 ?

After view test all seems to works fine. All TV Channels are there and no error's. So i think i have perfekt update to the new one. Thanks alot !!

Tomorrow i update then to MP 1.6 final after testing in action tonight.

Attachments

• mysql 5.6.PNG
      mysql 5.6.PNG
      37.1 KB

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm i don't know, but the dos window tells me innodb is default... What is workbench ? And how can i check it with that ?
    But that doesn't mean that the tables are innodb. It could be they are (then this installer would have converted them) but most likely they aren't because the db already existed.

Workbench is a GUI tool for MySQL. But you can also check the tables from cmd by this query:
    Code:
    SELECT `TABLE_NAME`, `ENGINE` FROM `information_schema`.`TABLES` WHERE `TABLE_SCHEMA` = 'mptvdb';

Last edited:

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Here is my solution to migrate the MyISAM to InnoDB:

1. Stop the TvServer service
    2. Open a command promp and go to the MySql 5.6 folder: cd "\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin"
    3. mysqldump -u root -pMediaPortal mptvdb>c:\mptvdb.sql
    4. open the c:\mptvdb.sql with notepad and replace all MyISAM texts to InnoDB, save it and exit
    5. mysql mysql -u root -pMediaPortal <c:\mptvdb.sql
    6. Start the TvServer service

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom