Updated 1.4.0 Pre Release test build (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks @Holzi - I don't think I screwed up, but I will try to check.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Could you maybe try these dlls?

of course i can and here is the result (y) Fixed and working, now when i select the second stream it stops the first one and plays the one i just selected practically instantly.

So it does look like I screwed up. So, do we think this

- 0004469: [Audio player] Internet Radio Stream has to be selected twice (sebastiii) - merge pending.

is definitely ready to merge? If so, could @Sebastiii merge it? Then I will make a new build.

Mark

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One issue comes out of my testing of the Picture module (thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-pictures-and-miss-others-mantis-4472.119431/)

1st of all, the changes @Seabstiii did there work great - no regressions and working fine (so can be merged I would say)

2nd is an issue with playback of Folder.m3u Music while doing a slideshow. This was repaired in Mantis 4276 for this release, but in combination with the audio player changes for this release there are still issues occurring (music player can hang MP if Videos are shown in the slide show, Player "steals" input from picture module and processes them during fade-in/out, so you can pause the music while not pausing the slide show, etc).

From my point of view, we can either: Live with this and log a mantis to fix it in 1.5 or we could disable folder.m3u playback for 1.4 as well (as it was in 1.3) and still mantis the issues to fix them in 1.5 (@hwahrmann said we can not fix these threading issues in 1.4).

What to do?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    One issue comes out of my testing of the Picture module (thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-pictures-and-miss-others-mantis-4472.119431/)

1st of all, the changes @Seabstiii did there work great - no regressions and working fine (so can be merged I would say)

2nd is an issue with playback of Folder.m3u Music while doing a slideshow. This was repaired in Mantis 4276 for this release, but in combination with the audio player changes for this release there are still issues occurring (music player can hang MP if Videos are shown in the slide show, Player "steals" input from picture module and processes them during fade-in/out, so you can pause the music while not pausing the slide show, etc).

From my point of view, we can either: Live with this and log a mantis to fix it in 1.5 or we could disable folder.m3u playback for 1.4 as well (as it was in 1.3) and still mantis the issues to fix them in 1.5 (@hwahrmann said we can not fix these threading issues in 1.4).

What to do?

Not only with folder.m3u, if you start a music from MyMusic and go to MyPictures with picture/video, you will run into the issue.
    Can you try wasapi mode ? it seems to be better (read no hang) :) but it can happen.

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1.4 Windows 7 Half & Full Screen Problem

Since 1.4 i have this Problem: When i switch from my TV (1280 x 720) to my Beamer (1920 x 1080) MP does not resize to fullscreen. Bevor 1.4 i had never this Problem.

Fullscreen.png

And when i close MP and start again (Beamer) the Size is ok, but when i switch from the Beamer to the TV MP has a double Size.

Until now i does not install the updated 1.4 from this threat. Could some fixes help with my problem?

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    1.4 Windows 7 Half & Full Screen Problem

Since 1.4 i have this Problem: When i switch from my TV (1280 x 720) to my Beamer (1920 x 1080) MP does not resize to fullscreen. Bevor 1.4 i had never this Problem.

View attachment 130145

And when i close MP and start again (Beamer) the Size is ok, but when i switch from the Beamer to the TV MP has a double Size.

Until now i does not install the updated 1.4 from this threat. Could some fixes help with my problem?

I don't think anything in this build will help.

Since your report does not relate to this build, could you please post it in the 1.4.0 Pre Release section of the forum, and I will delete it from here.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

What to do?

Not only with folder.m3u, if you start a music from MyMusic and go to MyPictures with picture/video, you will run into the issue.
    Can you try wasapi mode ? it seems to be better (read no hang) :) but it can happen.

That is quite critical issue, freezes are always nasty to have. I'm not sure how common the use case is where people have music running in background when watching pictures, but I would assume it is quite common.

In my opinion this must be fixed for 1.4.0.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom