Updated 1.4.0 Pre Release test build (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Edit 4th June: There is an updated WindowsPlugin.dll attached. Extract it to C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows, replacing the one that is already there. Contains additional fixes for 4472.

Here is an updated build for 1.4.0 Pre Release. It contains the following fixes in addition to the official build.

- 0004472: [Pictures] Random slideshow in pictures can repeat some pictures and miss others (sebastiii) - ready for testing.
    - 0004470: [Pictures] Random slide show repeats images (sebastiii) - ready for testing.
    - 0004468: [Pictures] Exiting random Slideshow will select wrong picture (sebastiii) - ready for testing.
    - 0004465: [Pictures] Showing EXIF Details hangs MP (sebastiii) - ready for testing.
    - 0004473: [Titan Skin] Add wikipedia support in Titan (ncoH) - ready for testing.

- 0004466: [Music] FF and REW produces wrong result wiith standard BASS Player (hwahrmann) - ready for testing.
    - 0004469: [Audio player] Internet Radio Stream has to be selected twice (sebastiii) - merge pending.
    - 0004451: [Music] GetStreamTags() has been removed as part of BASS Rework by accident (hwahrmann) - resolved.
    - 0004463: [Music] Wrong error message on thumbs create during music folder scan (hwahrmann) - resolved.
    - 0004445: [Skin Engine] Bump skin version number to 1.4.0.0 (ncoH) - resolved.
    - 0004458: [MediaPortal 1] In the event of an incompatible skin (or MP Debug Mode) use Titan instead of DefaultWide (sebastiii) - resolved.
    - 0004462: [Configuration] The 'Edit Skin Settings' button is not anchored correctly (offbyone) - resolved.
    - 0004369: [Titan Skin] Missing search speed info in video OSD. (ncoH) - closed.
    - 0004413: [Titan Skin] Teletext is not fullscreen (ncoH) - closed.
    - 0004461: [Pictures] Pictures currentSlideIndex resetting to -1 (sebastiii) - closed.
    - 0004452: [MediaPortal 1] Log verbosity does not get respected and is always set to 'Debug' (jameson_uk) - closed.
    - 0004448: [Configuration] The option 'Delay startup for xx seconds' isn't working anymore (Scythe42) - closed.
    - 0004450: [Dynamic Refresh Rate] DRR 'default refresh rate' setting can be enabled without setting a value from the dropdown menu. (sebastiii) - closed.
    - 0004443: [Configuration] Hostname is reset to empty string if TV server is not reachable (michael_t) - closed.
    - 0004453: [Default Skin] No theme background for MyVideos on BasicHome (catavolt) - closed.
    - 0004446: [TvPlugin] In singleseat the played duration of a recording is not stored for resume (sebastiii) - resolved.

Those that are shown in strikethrough are already in GIT master.

The ones that are not need testing.

IMPORTANT

How to install. Extract and run package-mediaportal.rar and then (if you use TV) package-tvengine.rar. This should update 1.4.0 Pre Release, and will be able to update to 1.4.0 once it is released. You shouldn't lose any settings, but this is a test release in area 51, so there are no guarantees.

Please read the mantis entries and test the open entries in particular.

ONLY REPORT PROBLEMS AND SUCCESSES WITH THIS BUILD IN THIS THREAD - it will be far too complicated if we get bug reports all over the forum. We simply won't know what you are testing since this build has the same version number as the previous.

Having said that, please test and if everything is okay with the fix, then let us know (with logs) so we can safely include it.

We are trying this approach to getting interim test builds out. If it is successful, then we will probably do it more often. If it is a disaster, we won't.

Any noise/irrelevant discussion in this thread will be deleted without warning, so that we can focus on development.

Mark

Attachments

• WindowPlugins.rar
      402.1 KB
    Last edited by a moderator:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Okay, I'll kick things off.

- 0004473: [Titan Skin] Add wikipedia support in Titan (ncoH) - ready for testing.

This seems to work fine, but I get an error dialog shown when I try to view an image. Basically telling me it can't show the image. Not at a computer with MediaPortal right now, but if others can confirm (or not), and also check with defaultwide, we can decide if this is safe to include. Basically, is the error due to the skin files or the plyugin? I am inclined to suspect the plugin.

mikeharris

Portal Member
    August 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Has the build number changed? - I was running the public version 1.4rc and OnePortal 1.0.9.4rc plugin and just did the upgrade... I've just uninstalled the OnePortal plugin and now cannot re-install because of a dependency error..

more information gives;
    Code:
    MediaPortal		  MediaPortal  1.1.6.27644  1.1.6.27644
    Skin				 Skin		1.3.0.1	1.3.0.1
    Latest Media Handler Extension   1.6.1.0 5.0.0.0

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Has the build number changed? - I was running the public version 1.4rc and OnePortal 1.0.9.4rc plugin and just did the upgrade... I've just uninstalled the OnePortal plugin and now cannot re-install because of a dependency error..

more information gives;
    Code:
    MediaPortal		  MediaPortal  1.1.6.27644  1.1.6.27644
    Skin				 Skin		1.3.0.1	1.3.0.1
    Latest Media Handler Extension  1.6.1.0 5.0.0.0

The skin version is 1.4.0.0.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What Package is needed on a TV-Server (Running only the Server Part...)? Thanks!

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    What Package is needed on a TV-Server (Running only the Server Part...)? Thanks!

package-tvengine.rar - extract and run it.

However, there isn't really any point since there are no commits related to TV server since the official 1.4.0 Pre Release.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    However, there isn't really any point since there are no commits related to TV server since the official 1.4.0 Pre Release.

I think it is always good to have MP & TVServer running on the same version.

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

I think it is always good to have MP & TVServer running on the same version.

Yes, but he did say he was running only the server part, so if he has the server at 1.4.0 Pre Release, it will show up as the same version and be the same code.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom