[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.4 (3 Viewers)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Could it be possible to allow connecting with an account that does not have a password?

Emph

Dave O

July 2, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

Sorry to jump into this but I'm looking for some help with WebMediaPortal. I'm running MP 7.1, MPExtend and WebMP 0.5.4, .NET 4.5, IIS 8 on a windows 8 platform. I've gone through the troubleshooting but am just unable to get it to work. I just get a "cannont find" error on the webpage. I have tried to access through localhost:8080 and <IP>:8080.

Can anyone help?

Dave O

July 2, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi vuego, I have installed the IIS version. Playing around recently I changed the extension to port 85 and updated my firewall and that seemed to work. Surprising that port 80 wasn't working though. Do you have any other info/tips for future reference and installs?

Thanks for coming back to me though.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Perhaps something else is already listening on port 80. You can use Resource Manager to see which processes are listening to what ports.

o00o

Portal Member
    December 26, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Guys, just trying to get this working with my Surface RT. The flash viewer works, but it doesn't seem possible to skip with the jw player included. Is there any way to update this player to the more recent versions that do support touch screen?

Actually just trying this on a windows 8 device and skipping halfway into the program the spinner just spins forwever. This is on a local network and initial load is < 10secs. Any idea's welcome!

Stuart475898

Portal Member
    February 7, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    EDIT:
    Working now. Noticed that I could create new accounts using the MPExtended configuration tool and this has allowed me in.

======

Trying to get this working but am falling at the first bit - logging in. For some reason the default username and password of admin/admin is not working. I have checked my Authentication.xml file and the EncrypterPassword value is VF4iJh8Ccd//JDuWSygi/A==, the same as the one on Git so I know that hasn't changed.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

fegl84

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2011
    The latest Webm version is over one year old. I'm waiting for newer version.

I hope it will developing forward, because the usability of Webm ist not very good and some functionality i missed.

fegl84

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2011
    I'm hearing impaired, so i missing a support for subtitle in flash player. In "Recordings" - i wish more possible for sorting and grouping of recorded movies. I wish also a function to move or delete of recorded movie.

In "TV Guide" - i feel, that it not usability enough, e.g. i programmed a record a show which date e.g. 2 days later - it won't go back to latest date of guide. I have to used a "back" of browserfunction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom