[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.4 (3 Viewers)

ay129

Portal Pro
October 7, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
hi Oxan, this looks like a fantastic update - well done.

on my setup though it is recognising every single file as 1080p even when its not the case. then when i try to stream i get the video not found error. could you have a look at my logs and let me know what you think?
thanks again for the great extension

UPDATE - please ignore above.
Sorry Oxan - I've been a clown on installing the new version. My error was to completely uninstall existing files, then reinstalling both MPextended service and MPwebextended, but forgetting to make sure that the services are running from an account that isnt the local account. A quick trip to services.msc sorted this one out. Sorry for false alarm - and again congratulations on this update.

Cant stress how far the app has come since 0.4.3. Really good stuff. Many thanks - a donation will be finding its way to you soon
You don't need to set this on services.msc anymore, you can just set a user in the MPExtended config...

Hmm,

Oxan, I'm not sure I quite understood you here - did you mean that you can specify the user account that the mpextended service starts in on the authentication page of the configurator? So I add [computerName]\MPAccount as a user on that pane?

Just to clarify, i have two user accounts on my Windows 7 HTPC - one is the local account I boot into everyday to use MP. The other is an "MP" account from which I used to start all of the legacy services such as TV4Home and GMAWebservice. The way I have set up MPExtended 0.5 is to install it on the everyday account, but in services.msc I have set up the service to start on the MPAccount. My ampdroid and WebMPextended will unequivocally not work without this tweak (meaning I can access both apps but no media if i try and run it on the local account, though I dont know why).

Let me know if this is recommended procedure or if its completely superseded by the 0.5 version.

Still, Fantastic work - you and Diebagger should call me and I'll buy you a beer next time I'm in Austria. Thanks!

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oxan, I'm not sure I quite understood you here - did you mean that you can specify the user account that the mpextended service starts in on the authentication page of the configurator? So I add [computerName]\MPAccount as a user on that pane?

Just to clarify, i have two user accounts on my Windows 7 HTPC - one is the local account I boot into everyday to use MP. The other is an "MP" account from which I used to start all of the legacy services such as TV4Home and GMAWebservice. The way I have set up MPExtended 0.5 is to install it on the everyday account, but in services.msc I have set up the service to start on the MPAccount. My ampdroid and WebMPextended will unequivocally not work without this tweak (meaning I can access both apps but no media if i try and run it on the local account, though I dont know why).

Let me know if this is recommended procedure or if its completely superseded by the 0.5 version.
    Using services.msc always works and is fully supported. However, you should also be able to achieve the same thing by setting the same account in the configuration program. If you've got it working with services.msc though, you're fine and don't need to change anything ;)

Still, Fantastic work - you and Diebagger should call me and I'll buy you a beer next time I'm in Austria. Thanks!
    Actually, I'm from the Netherlands, but I'll make sure to call you next time I'm in the UK ;)

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yesterday it Web Mediaportal worked, now it does not. See the Log for the message I Web Mediaportal told me to post.
    Could you also post your full logs?

And I have a new problem, which I think could be related in any way: All the different setting pages, or how ever to call them, in MPExtended Configurator are empty. Pushing OK button brings no reaction, I have to close the window by Alt+F4.
    Any chance you are on Windows 8 or Windows Server 2008?
    Hello Oxan.
    Thanks for investigating.
    First off all it's solved: It was like I did a normal update, but it was notfully ok, because of old Webmediaportal files.
    The workaround was uninstall, delete the "bodies" and re-install it.
    Thos was described in another post.
    Btw., I use Windows 7.

BR Fafnir.

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    any ideas why i loose after some time the connection to my live tv stream?

Code:
    2012-11-29 19:52:11.65625 [(10)] DEBUG: User regurge logged in from host 192.168.178.29
    2012-11-29 19:52:23.20312 [(10)] DEBUG: Created player with size=640x360 view=FlashVideoPlayer transcoder=Flash LQ url=/Stream/TV?item=468&transcoder=Flash%20LQ&continuationId=759378
    2012-11-29 19:52:35.34375 [(25)] DEBUG: Created player with size=854x480 view=FlashVideoPlayer transcoder=Flash medium url=/Stream/TV?item=468&transcoder=Flash%20medium&continuationId=565640
    2012-11-29 19:52:37.10937 [(10)] DEBUG: Starting stream type=TV; itemId=468; transcoder=Flash medium; starttime=0; continuationId=565640
    2012-11-29 19:52:37.10937 [(10)] DEBUG: Stream is for user regurge from host 192.168.178.29, has identifier webmediaportal-31247 and is using mode Proxied with timeout 300s
    2012-11-29 19:52:39.10937 [(10)] DEBUG: Stream started successfully and is at http://192.168.178.32:4322/MPExtended/StreamingService/stream/RetrieveStream?identifier=webmediaportal-31247
    2012-11-29 19:52:39.14062 [(10)] DEBUG: Proxying stream from http://192.168.178.32:4322/MPExtended/StreamingService/stream/RetrieveStream?identifier=webmediaportal-31247 with buffer size 65536
    2012-11-29 20:08:08.04687 [(25)] DEBUG: Created player with size=854x480 view=FlashVideoPlayer transcoder=Flash medium url=/Stream/TV?item=468&transcoder=Flash%20medium&continuationId=135443
    2012-11-29 20:08:08.64062 [(10)] WARN: Exception while proxying stream http://192.168.178.32:4322/MPExtended/StreamingService/stream/RetrieveStream?identifier=webmediaportal-31247
    System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): An error occurred while communicating with the remote host. The error code is 0x80070040.
    ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070040): Der angegebene Netzwerkname ist nicht mehr verfügbar. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070040)
      at System.Web.Hosting.IIS7WorkerRequest.RaiseCommunicationError(Int32 result, Boolean throwOnDisconnect)
      at System.Web.Hosting.IIS7WorkerRequest.ExplicitFlush()
      at System.Web.HttpResponse.Flush(Boolean finalFlush)
      at System.Web.HttpResponse.Flush()
      at System.Web.HttpWriter.WriteFromStream(Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
      at System.Web.HttpResponseStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
      at MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Controllers.StreamController.ProxyStream(String sourceUrl) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Applications\MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal\Controllers\StreamController.cs:line 276
    2012-11-29 20:08:08.65625 [(10)] DEBUG: Finished stream webmediaportal-31247
    2012-11-29 20:08:09.96875 [(25)] DEBUG: Starting stream type=TV; itemId=468; transcoder=Flash medium; starttime=0; continuationId=135443
    2012-11-29 20:08:09.96875 [(25)] DEBUG: Stream is for user regurge from host 192.168.178.29, has identifier webmediaportal-55865 and is using mode Proxied with timeout 300s
    2012-11-29 20:08:12.12500 [(25)] DEBUG: Stream started successfully and is at http://192.168.178.32:4322/MPExtended/StreamingService/stream/RetrieveStream?identifier=webmediaportal-55865
    2012-11-29 20:08:12.15625 [(25)] DEBUG: Proxying stream from http://192.168.178.32:4322/MPExtended/StreamingService/stream/RetrieveStream?identifier=webmediaportal-55865 with buffer size 65536
    2012-11-29 20:16:38.82812 [(25)] WARN: Exception while proxying stream http://192.168.178.32:4322/MPExtended/StreamingService/stream/RetrieveStream?identifier=webmediaportal-55865
    System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.
      at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
      at MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Controllers.StreamController.ProxyStream(String sourceUrl) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Applications\MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal\Controllers\StreamController.cs:line 274
    2012-11-29 20:16:38.87500 [(25)] DEBUG: Finished stream webmediaportal-55865
    2012-11-29 20:18:24.07812 [(25)] DEBUG: Reloading configuration file 'Authentication.xml' due to changes.
    2012-11-29 20:18:24.12500 [(10)] DEBUG: Reloading configuration file 'Authentication.xml' due to changes.
    2012-11-29 20:18:25.14062 [(10)] DEBUG: Reloading configuration file 'WebMediaPortalHosting.xml' due to changes.

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thank you for the frat improvements!

I have had problems with this software, but total reinstall of the HTPC and I think most features is working.

Later Ill write about what is not working in my setup maybe because I am just not good enough to figure out all the functionality.

peter_H

Portal Member
    May 28, 2008
    Wellington, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just went to my local machine's (win7x64) WMP URL, http://serva:8080/Television/TVGuide, after a day of not visiting the page (was working yesterday), and got this:

Code:
    Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.

Please include the information below when you report this error.

WebMediaPortal version 0.5.0 (commit 7095fe5).
        Request: http://serva:8080/Television/TVGuide

There was an error writing to the pipe: Unrecognized error 232 (0xe8).

Server stack trace:
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.StreamConnection.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, Boolean immediate, TimeSpan timeout)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.StreamConnection.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, Boolean immediate, TimeSpan timeout, BufferManager bufferManager)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.FramingDuplexSessionChannel.OnSend(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.OutputChannel.Send(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
      at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DuplexChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
      at MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService.Interfaces.ITVAccessService.GetGroups(Nullable`1 sort, Nullable`1 order)
      at MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Controllers.TelevisionController.TVGuide(Nullable`1 group, String time, String date) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Applications\MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal\Controllers\TelevisionController.cs:line 59
      at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
      at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12()
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14()
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
      at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
      at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5()
      at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0()
      at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _)
      at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End()
      at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d()
      at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f)
      at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action)
      at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
      at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)
      at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
      at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

The write operation failed, see inner exception.

at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ProcessWrite(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
      at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.StreamConnection.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, Boolean immediate, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnection.WriteHelper(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, Boolean immediate, TimeSpan timeout, Object& holder)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnection.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, Boolean immediate, TimeSpan timeout)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.BufferedConnection.WriteNow(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout, BufferManager bufferManager)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.BufferedConnection.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, Boolean immediate, TimeSpan timeout)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
      at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.StartWriting(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
      at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ProcessWrite(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnection.StartSyncWrite(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, Object& holder)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnection.WriteHelper(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, Boolean immediate, TimeSpan timeout, Object& holder)

Then I refreshed, and the TV Guide screen came up fine!

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'd need your full logs to say anything that makes sense about that.

Last edited:

Sebell

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2007
    Lippstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Next Problem

Code:
    2012-11-30 18:28:38.66731 [(2)] ERROR: Unhandled exception
    System.AggregateException: A Task's exception(s) were not observed either by Waiting on the Task or accessing its Exception property. As a result, the unobserved exception was rethrown by the finalizer thread.
    ---> System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
      at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path)
      at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
      at MPExtended.Libraries.Service.Shared.ChannelLogos.WriteToCacheDirectory(String channelName, String logoFormat, Stream logo) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.Service\Shared\ChannelLogos.cs:line 74
      at MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService.LogoDownloader.DownloadChannelLogos(ChannelLogos logos, IServiceSet serviceSet) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Services\MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService\LogoDownloader.cs:line 167
      at MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService.LogoDownloader.PerformCheck() in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Services\MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService\LogoDownloader.cs:line 135
      at MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService.LogoDownloader.Init() in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Services\MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService\LogoDownloader.cs:line 74
      at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
      at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskExceptionHolder.Finalize()
    ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
      at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path)
      at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
      at MPExtended.Libraries.Service.Shared.ChannelLogos.WriteToCacheDirectory(String channelName, String logoFormat, Stream logo) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.Service\Shared\ChannelLogos.cs:line 74
      at MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService.LogoDownloader.DownloadChannelLogos(ChannelLogos logos, IServiceSet serviceSet) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Services\MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService\LogoDownloader.cs:line 167
      at MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService.LogoDownloader.PerformCheck() in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Services\MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService\LogoDownloader.cs:line 135
      at MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService.LogoDownloader.Init() in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Services\MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService\LogoDownloader.cs:line 74
      at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
      at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---

2012-11-30 18:28:38.67219 [(2)] FATAL: Terminating because of previous exception
    2012-11-30 18:28:38.74446 [(11)] DEBUG: Publishing service set MAS=; MASStream=; TAS=192.168.10.11:4322; TASStream=192.168.10.11:4322; UI=
    2012-11-30 18:28:38.76203 [(15)] DEBUG: Reloading configuration file 'Streaming.xml' due to change

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom