[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.4 (2 Viewers)

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    chiefnerd,

Take whatever you use to access WebMP locally e.g. http://localhost:8080/WebMediaPortal and change localhost to your external IP address. Make sure port 8080 is open on your router (same as the setup for port 4322).

- MrTechno

chiefnerd

Portal Member
    December 16, 2013
    Home Country
    Thanks for the suggestions, finally figured it out and it was an issue with IIS and something else i use on my system that was knocking IIS down- working great bar the downloads don't work which isn't really an issue as I want it for streaming ;)

Quick question though, how do I change the default music view from artists to Albums? My collection is basically all compilation albums and having artists displayed by default doesn't allow me to access the albums- is there a blatant setting somewhere I'm totally missing?

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have MPExtended and WMP running on a dedicated server and I use MPSync from my HTPC to push the databases to the server (where also all my media files are stored). Everything fine with the current release version.
    Except for that the Latest Media, especially latest episodes are not necessarily the latest ones, actually. Some series will not be displayed as latest and some latest additions of finished series seem to stick in the "latest episodes" forever, whereas the Latest Media Handler on my HTPC correctly identifies all new series episodes.
    While this might be a minor issue (is it?), all added episodes are nevertheless accessible thru the WMP interface, they wil just not correctly show up as the latest added episodes.
    It works for music, movies and tv recordings, as far as I see. This issue has been persistant thru a complete server and htpc reinstallation.
    (Using IIS version).

evilgroby

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I get an error when i try to load series through internet. tv, music and films are working fine.
    so i dont know how tho post my bug, i post it here:

Bitte gib die folgenden Informationen an, wenn du diesen Fehler meldest.
    Failed to load data from source, please see the log file for more details.

Server stack trace:
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at MPExtended.Services.MediaAccessService.Interfaces.IMediaAccessService.GetTVShowsDetailed(Nullable`1 provider, String filter, Nullable`1 sort, Nullable`1 order)
    at MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Controllers.TVShowsLibraryController.Index(String filter) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Applications\MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal\Controllers\TVShowsLibraryController.cs:line 39
    at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
    at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters)
    at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12()
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14()
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
    at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
    at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5()
    at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0()
    at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _)
    at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End()
    at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d()
    at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f)
    at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action)
    at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Last edited:

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    Hello
    I've been trying to install. MP Service seems ok. In my server via RDP the troubleshoot links are trying to download a json file. In a client, the same link displays a page. 0.5.4.
    When I install WMP, and try to click on the webmediaportal tab in service configurator it throws an error. Logs attached. The most obvious line to me is
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\Service\DefaultConfig\WebMediaPortalHosting.xml'.
    but I don't really know what to look for.
    Previously, I realised that my flexraid front end service was using 8080. I changed it to something else rather than change WMP. I don't know if this has any impact.
    Help please!

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi dev's,

I use mpextended a lot and was wondering when 0.6 is comming out as i desperatly want the video resume function in the direct profiles for use on iPad etc.

Any news?

Greetings....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom