[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.4 (2 Viewers)

Idro

Portal Pro
February 13, 2015
Santa Marinella (Roma)
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hello,

I installed MPExtended and WebMediaPortal, and I have my film collection on a NAS Server.
MP-TV series and moving pictures plugins interface with the directories and files on my NAS with no problems, but with webmediaportal I get all my files "inaccessible" and I can't reproduce them in streaming.

What could it be?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    37.2 KB

mantec

Portal Member
January 25, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I installed webmediaportal every thing seem to work until I try playing a video from localhost. I get this message a plugin is needed to display this content, any idea on what plugin is reequired?

mantec

Portal Member
January 25, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for the reply barneh, figured it out had to install 32bit version of VLC for some reason VLC 64bit did not install plugins.

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think it depends from my NAS, because it's not powerful enough to do movies transcode.
    That is easy to test.... just put some files on the same machine as you have installed WebMediaPortal and see if you get a different result.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think it depends from my NAS, because it's not powerful enough to do movies transcode.
    The NAS doesn't transcode anything but the Windows machine where you have installed MPExtended.
    I think your problem is just an access problem. You should run the MPExtended service under a user account that has access to your NAS shares.

Idro

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2015
    Santa Marinella (Roma)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    The NAS doesn't transcode anything but the Windows machine where you have installed MPExtended.
    I think your problem is just an access problem. You should run the MPExtended service under a user account that has access to your NAS shares.

Yes, but I use the admin account to access to my NAS: I mean, as I understood MPExtended interfaces with plugin (moving picture plugin in my case) and the plugin accesses to my NAS directory with no problem. I have to investigate deeply about this, but I think the account is correct.

That is easy to test.... just put some files on the same machine as you have installed WebMediaPortal and see if you get a different result

What about this test, now I can access to my file but what I could from internet explorer is this error in attachment.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      38.2 KB

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom