[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3
    MPExtended is a project that aims at providing access to MediaPortal from all over the world. WebMediaPortal is a webinterface to the MediaPortal databases and TV Server, allowing you to browse and watch your media library from all computers, schedule recordings while away, and more. WebMediaPortal is still experimental, but we need your feedback to improve it further. This project is the successor of the TV4Home Web Interface and MPWebStream.

The 0.4.3 update fixes some minor bugs that some users experienced. People who already installed the test version from this thread don't have to upgrade, this is the same version. Thanks a lot for all your feedback. Downloads are available at the usual location.

Please follow the installation guide when installing WebMediaPortal. WebMediaPortal requires both the MPExtended Service and IIS Express to be correctly installed to function.

Features
    • Manage schedules from your browser
    • Schedule directly from TV Guide
    • Watch live TV, using Flash or VLC
    • Watch recordings, movies and tv shows
    • Browse through your music, movie and tv show library
    • Listen to your music

IIS Edition
    Since version 0.4.1 there is also a IIS Edition of WebMediaPortal. This version is intended for people who are already using the IIS webserver, and would like to let WebMediaPortal use it too (for example to reduce the system load by not having to run two webservers, or because they don't want to install IIS Express). Please see the wiki for more documentation on this. Most users should continue using the standalone version.

Changelog
    0.4.3, 27 Mar 2012:
    • Add "Flash Ultra LQ" transcoder profile. Even less CPU-heavy profiles will come with 0.5.
    • Fix aspect ratio for TV streaming
    • Remove VLC fullscreen warning box (fullscreen requires VLC 1.1.11 or newer)
    • Improve log messages
    • Fix loading of album cover images

[collapse]
    0.4.2, 24 Jan 2012:
    • Support streaming to outside the LAN
    • Stop timeshiftings sooner when navigating away from live TV
    • Make version number visible in logs, errors and on settings page
    • Add option to enable VLC deinterlacing by default
    • Hide menu items with no available databases
    • Show error details when connecting from a remote host
    • Allow external access without prior configuration of domain names
    • Fix IIS version to work with plain IIS installation
    • Fix loading TV guide with programs with empty titles
    • Fix connecting to remote services with authentication
    • Fix crash on homepage when moving pictures or TV series is unavailable
    • Fix timeouts on client-only or server-only installations

0.4.1, 30 Dec 2011:
    • Show movie ratings
    • Fix play button
    • Make port configurable (no userinterface yet, see C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\WebMediaPortalHosting.xml)
    • Add a download link for movies, episodes and recordings
    • Highlight current program in the TV guide
    • Support IIS Express in non-default location of localized variants
    • Fixed loading of huge lists of movies
    • Fix crash in TV guide because of invalid default group
    • Added IIS Edition, see wiki for documentation.

0.4.0, 24 Dec 2011:
    • Initial release
    [/collapse]

Contributors
    Aside from the fact that I'm releasing WebMediaPortal, most of the hard work on WebMediaPortal has really been done by Mike Lowrey. I'd also like to thank DieBagger for the extensive testing he did and the many bugs that I didn't see.

Feedback
    If you've any problems, please post a message here. Make sure to include the logs from WebMediaPortal and the service, as we can't help you without them. If you encouter an error in WebMediaPortal, also post the full text that appears on the screen, it includes useful details for us to fix the bug. I'll read all posts and try to answer (and, if possible, fix) them. Keep in mind that this is really a preview release, which is mostly focused on the functions, not on the looks. For the next version, a redesign to give WebMediaPortal a proper layout is planned.

Like most other people, we also have rent to pay. Donating allows us to spend more time on this project, delivering new features and bugfixes even faster. Usually it works pretty well to get a specific feature implemented too (contact me by PM).

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4

Any possibility of providing Screenshots on thread/site/wiki?

Great work:)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Thanks Oxan. This seems very promising.

My question - I already have IIS 7.5 installed by Windows 7. Do I also need IIS Express?

mpsam

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2009

Sorry for the novice question, but how do I see this from another computer? I can log on from the machine on which it is installed (Media portal is also installed) but from my laptop if I put 192.168.0.6:8080 or 192.168.0.6:4322; I get a timeout error. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Figured it out. It was the firewall

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Any possibility of providing Screenshots on thread/site/wiki?
    Yeah, will do so after Christmas. Just wanted to get it out as soon as possible.

My question - I already have IIS 7.5 installed by Windows 7. Do I also need IIS Express?
    Technically no, but with the current installer you're required to install it. I'll see if I can create an installer for IIS.

Edit: Figured it out. It was the firewall
    Hmm, that should've been done automatically. Which firewall are you using?

mpsam

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2009

I am using the firewall in Windows 7. During installation it prompted me for permission to allow traffic through the firewall and it is the exception list. However, I can only access it when firewall on local networks is disabled. Do you need the logs?

hookx

Portal Member
    May 30, 2011
    B/8
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4

Hi,

I'm not sure where to find the logs, but when I want to access my Movies-Library (MovingPictures), i get this:

Code:
    Fehler beim Lesen aus der Pipe: Die Pipe wurde beendet. (109, 0x6d).

Server stack trace: 
       bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.StreamConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.SessionConnectionReader.Receive(TimeSpan timeout)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.SynchronizedMessageSource.Receive(TimeSpan timeout)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.FramingDuplexSessionChannel.Receive(TimeSpan timeout)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.FramingDuplexSessionChannel.TryReceive(TimeSpan timeout, Message& message)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DuplexChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
       bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       bei MPExtended.Services.MediaAccessService.Interfaces.IMediaAccessService.GetAllMoviesBasic(Nullable`1 provider, String genre, String actor, Nullable`1 sort, Nullable`1 order)
       bei MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Controllers.MovieLibraryController.Index()
       bei lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
       bei System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters)
       bei System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
       bei System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
       bei System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12()
       bei System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
       bei System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14()
       bei System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
       bei System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)

Fehler bei Lesevorgang, siehe interne Ausnahme.

bei System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
       bei System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.StreamConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout)

bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.DelegatingConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
       bei System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
       bei System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.StartFrameHeader(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
       bei System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnection.FinishSyncRead(Boolean traceExceptionsAsErrors)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout)

jardoo

Portal Member
    April 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    How can I enable external access?

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4

I am using the firewall in Windows 7. During installation it prompted me for permission to allow traffic through the firewall and it is the exception list. However, I can only access it when firewall on local networks is disabled. Do you need the logs?

Yes I had the same problem. I had to open the Port 4322 manually in the Firewall !

Sorry wrong thread I thought it is about the MpExtended Service but this is thread is about the WebMediaportal. Sorry for the mistake

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom