[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    thanks robbo for the fast reply but our connection is really 50mbps download and upload.

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I work in IT and it could be a number of reason's. Such as equipment the signal is going through to the lines it is traveling on or the number of people using those same lines. It could even be your Internet provide throttling down how much speed ya are allowed for certain protocols and ports.

Last edited:

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    thank you for the reply, i'll try differet port then. I can achieve 5Mo/sec with FTP on port 21. So maybe my ISP throttle the port 4322. I'll post back.

thanks.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I tried different port (8080,8085) and same thing, block at 350ko/sec.
    I don't know how to change the port 4322. Maybe it's the faulty one.

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a question about setup. Is it possible to have the MP Database and Web Interface on one server and the TVServer on a different server ? If it works are there any instructions for how to set it up ?
    Yes, that should be possible. Basically, you have to install the service on both servers and WebMP only on the one with the webinterface. Then, you should configure the webinterface to use the TV Service (TAS) from the other server. This is done on the settings page. I'm not really sure whether it actually works in 0.4.3 though, but in 0.5 it definitely works.

3 weeks has passed...
    If you want it so much, just grab the source from GitHub, compile it and use it.. But be warned, there are some quite nasty bugs left.

Hi ! I wanted to test my new 50Mbps internet connection with WebMediaportal at my friend house's. I browse through my Movie collection and click download on any movie and I can't download faster than 350 ko/sec when it should be a least 5Mo/sec. Is there a reason for this ? Oh and his connection is 50Mbps too.

thanks.
    350KB/s is quite slow, it performs up to 2MB/s for me.. I know there are some problems with throughput though, we'll be looking into that for 0.6.

EDIT: To give some more information on 0.5, there are basically a few things still holding it back.
    The main problem is my complete lack of time this month. We've a near-finished product, but it needs some finishing touches which I just haven't gotten too. I expect to have some more time at the end of the next week, but I'm not 100% sure.

Technically, the biggest problem right now is the IIS edition, which seems to be broken more often than it works. Some problems with VLCWrapper have been solved by Ollienator last week, many thanks! Streaming from a network drive doesn't work yet either, but I'll probably push that back to 0.5.1 or 0.6.0. Other than that there are some minor issues in different places, but not severe enough to warrant a delayed release.

Last edited:

irishrally

Portal Member
    July 4, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey guys. I can't seem to log into Webmediaportal. I get to the login screen, hostname:8080, but the admin username and password gives an error. I also tried the MPExtended authentication username and password and that did not work either. Any ideas?

I have aMPdroid working fine going through my router, even with 3G on my phone so ports are set up correctly.

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i already made it but now its not working anymore .... i can not access webmediaportal via the internet - i connect directly to my IP:8080 and the site is loadinng and loading nothing happens. I am able to access WebMediaportal in my LAN but not in the internet - i can also access my fritzbox over the internet (so i guess i opened every port correctly)

€dit:
    sry i am too stupid, i opened the port in my fritzbox but i oversaw the small activ box, cause i deactivated it somewhere, after i activated the box everything was fine

Last edited:

Sebell

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2007
    Lippstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I still have the Problem that Movie Streams doesnt work an Covers from Movie not displayed! The Service has an User that had acess!
    I have an Client and Server Solution.

ServiceConfigutator
    Code:
    2012-11-23 16:37:53.0517 INFO: Could not find MediaPortal client installation path key in registry, is MediaPortal client installed?
    2012-11-23 16:37:53.0517 INFO: Could not find MediaPortal client installation path key in registry, is MediaPortal client installed?
    2012-11-23 16:37:53.0517 WARN: Could not find MediaPortalDirs.xml
    (Mediaportal.HasValidConfigFile => Mediaportal.GetConfigFilePath => Mediaportal.GetLocation)
    (Mediaportal.HasValidConfigFile => Mediaportal.GetConfigFilePath => Mediaportal.GetLocation)

WebMediaPortal
    Code:
    2012-11-23 16:38:06.3955 [(12)] WARN: Error happened in controller body
    (ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeExceptionFilters => Controller.System.Web.Mvc.IExceptionFilter.OnException => BaseController.OnException)
    System.ServiceModel.ProtocolException: The content type image/jpeg of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (text/xml; charset=utf-8). If using a custom encoder, be sure that the IsContentTypeSupported method is implemented properly. The first 1024 bytes of the response were: '<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><s:Body><GetArtworkResponse xmlns="http://tempuri.org/"><GetArtworkResult>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'.

Server stack trace:
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ValidateRequestReplyResponse(HttpWebRequest request, HttpWebResponse response, HttpChannelFactory factory, WebException responseException, ChannelBinding channelBinding)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
      at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
      at MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Interfaces.IStreamingService.GetArtwork(WebStreamMediaType mediatype, Nullable`1 provider, String id, WebArtworkType artworktype, Int32 offset)
      at MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Controllers.MovieLibraryController.Image(String movie)
      at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
      at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12()
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14()
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)

An at MP2 when i start the Slim TV Client.
    Code:
    2012-11-23 16:54:44.5371 [(21)] WARN: Tried to convert a null Program to WebProgramDetailed
    (<no type>.SyncInvokeGetCurrentProgramOnChannel => TVAccessService.GetCurrentProgramOnChannel => WebProgramExtensionMethods.ToWebProgramDetailed)
    2012-11-23 16:54:44.7148 [(21)] WARN: Tried to convert a null Program to WebProgramDetailed
    (<no type>.SyncInvokeGetCurrentProgramOnChannel => TVAccessService.GetCurrentProgramOnChannel => WebProgramExtensionMethods.ToWebProgramDetailed)
    2012-11-23 16:54:44.8349 [(21)] WARN: Tried to convert a null Program to WebProgramDetailed
    2012-11-23 16:54:45.0126 [(21)] WARN: Tried to convert a null Program to WebProgramDetailed
    2012-11-23 16:54:45.1289 [(21)] WARN: Tried to convert a null Program to WebProgramDetailed
    2012-11-23 16:54:45.3867 [(21)] WARN: Tried to convert a null Program to WebProgramDetailed
    2012-11-23 16:54:45.5283 [(21)] WARN: Tried to convert a null Program to WebProgramDetailed
    2012-11-23 16:54:45.7207 [(21)] WARN: Tried to convert a null Program to WebProgramDetailed
    2012-11-23 16:54:45.8388 [(21)] WARN: Tried to convert a null Program to WebProgramDetailed

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom