[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4

I have a problem with the WebMediaportal. I have installed it on the ServerPC but I can't log in to the TVGuide and can't watch Recordings with the WebMediaportal.

Attachments

• TvGuide.png
    TvGuide.png
    122.4 KB
  • watching a Recording.png
    watching a Recording.png
    119.6 KB

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4

Hi,

I'm not sure where to find the logs, but when I want to access my Movies-Library (MovingPictures), i get this:
    Thanks, I'll take a look. How many movies do you have?

I am using the firewall in Windows 7. During installation it prompted me for permission to allow traffic through the firewall and it is the exception list. However, I can only access it when firewall on local networks is disabled. Do you need the logs?
    Weird. I'll see what I can do (no logs needed yet).

How can I enable external access?
    There was a bug with that, will be fixed for 0.4.1.

I have a problem with the WebMediaportal. I have installed it on the ServerPC but I can't log in to the TVGuide and can't watch Recordings with the WebMediaportal.
    Thanks. Can you try to select an other default group for the TV guide in the settings section?

On general note, I'll release 0.4.1 in a few days because there are some quite serious bugs in this version (no external access, streaming not working).

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    Re: MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4

Also open question - how to uninstall GMA and TV4Home? I suppose they are not necessary already.
    Just to delete folders+stop services? Plus also they left firewall exceptions...

Arturas

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4

Thanks. Can you try to select an other default group for the TV guide in the settings section?

It happens with all groups that I have. and on the Localhost there is an other error nmessage.

And another question in the Wiki I see a Movingpictures, Music and a Tv Show Tab. But on my own Pc I can't see this Tabs. Why ?

Attachments

• Localhost.png
      Localhost.png
      123.1 KB

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Also open question - how to uninstall GMA and TV4Home? I suppose they are not necessary already.
    Just to delete folders+stop services? Plus also they left firewall exceptions...

Arturas

You can uninstall GMA and TV4Home from the Control Panel.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England

Nice work guys - Have been waiting for your webmediaportal release for quite some time:)

Very nice work with the msi installer - It runs perfectly and looks proffesional - and least of all - EASY to install!

But I cannot get streaming work from Localhost - have tried both flash & Direct in IE and Chrome. (see attached error msg)

When trying from my LAN laptop through wireless network i get this error mesaage:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

Is streaming nor working yet? Or do I need some special requirements?

Minor flaws/bugs
    -When configuring mpextended, it should autosave changes when navigating in the left menu.
    -If there is no logo/fanart in some of your MPTvseries episodes - Webmediaportal displays a "missing picture" icon. There should be a default picture for this.

Feature requests:
    -Download link
    -More sorting options(Name, Playtime, Genre, Added, Rating, etc)
    -More logic way of navigating to Live TV(Seems hidden within TV-Guide - Need to click Channel name)
    -Movies: Show IMDb rating(grab form Movingpictures?)

Thats it for now..........
    /Morten

Attachments

• flashplay.txt
      5.6 KB

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Re: AW: MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4

It happens with all groups that I have. and on the Localhost there is an other error nmessage.
    Strange, I can't reproduce it. From your logs it looks like it can't load the channel group, but that's a bit weird as it shouldn't show them in the settings then either.

And another question in the Wiki I see a Movingpictures, Music and a Tv Show Tab. But on my own Pc I can't see this Tabs. Why ?
    It detected that the client service is not installed or malfunctioning. You should configure the PC where you installed the client service at the settings tab (there's a link Configure Service URLs) there.

But I cannot get streaming work from Localhost - have tried both flash & Direct in IE and Chrome. (see attached error msg)

Is streaming nor working yet? Or do I need some special requirements?

Minor flaws/bugs
    -When configuring mpextended, it should autosave changes when navigating in the left menu.
    -If there is no logo/fanart in some of your MPTvseries episodes - Webmediaportal displays a "missing picture" icon. There should be a default picture for this.

Feature requests:
    -Download link
    -More sorting options(Name, Playtime, Genre, Added, Rating, etc)
    -More logic way of navigating to Live TV(Seems hidden within TV-Guide - Need to click Channel name)
    -Movies: Show IMDb rating(grab form Movingpictures?)

Thats it for now..........
    /Morten
    Thanks for your feedback!
    - Streaming doesn't work yet indeed, I forgot a file in the installer :oops:
    - Autosave: good point, will implement that (probably for 0.5)
    - Missing pictures: yeah, it should leave the link out or show a placeholder instead.
    - Download link: i'll see what I can do, maybe for 0.4.1 or for 0.5
    - More sort options: good point. Will probably happen with the redesign in 0.5.
    - LiveTV: what do you suggest? adding an extra tab seems a bit overkill to me.
    - Movie rating: added for 0.4.1

Thanks, I'll take a look. How many movies do you have?

Hi,
    just a bit over 1000.
    Thanks, fixed in 0.4.1.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4

It detected that the client service is not installed or malfunctioning. You should configure the PC where you installed the client service at the settings tab (there's a link Configure Service URLs) there.

Thank you, now it works. But for example in the TvShows Tab I get for some Season the same Error like in the TvGuide or streaming a Video. I think it occurs when there are no Records availlabe for this seasons, because it happens not for all seasons.

Attachments

• Tvseries.png
      Tvseries.png
      116.5 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom