Updated iMON (Soundgraph) LCD Driver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drudixx

Portal Member
June 12, 2005
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Can't get this working

Hi Guy’s,

I am probably being dumb, but I can’t get this working.

I am using Mediaportal 0.2.3.0 RC1 – SVN Build 15602 (19.08.2007). I have copied the ProcessPlugins.dll to the following folder C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Process (i.e. where my Mediaportal is installed) and replace the SG_VFD.dll that comes with Mediaportal with version 5.0.0.714 of SG_VFD.dll.

I have also set the tried with both the iMONLCD and the iMONLCDg setting without any off them displaying anything when running Mediaportal. I know the display work as it work when I use the Imon software that followed the Silverstone GD01MX case.

I have not used any of the files from your “ExternalDisplay - iMON LCD Source” file as I am not sure where to put these files or if they are needed.

I have attached my log files.

As I understand it from the previous posts, I should be see something on the display without running the imon software. I appreciate any help any of you can offer, but I will not be able to do anything about this before Monday.

Thanks in advance.

ralphy

Portal Pro
June 15, 2007
Home Country
I have not used any of the files from your “ExternalDisplay - iMON LCD Source” file as I am not sure where to put these files or if they are needed.
This is the source code - you wont need to install this
I have attached my log files.
The driver seems to load ok, and data is being sent to the driver. Perhaps you can try the following:
  • post externaldisplay.xml file so I can check what might be odd.
  • delete the externaldisplay.xml file and rerun config. This reloads a default configuration.
  • also, somewhere in iMon Manager, you can find the firmware revision of the Display What revision is it? I know it works with 0.98. I don't have iMON Manager with me at the moment, so I can't tell you exactly where to look
  • the last resort is to follow this suggestion. But I can't guarantee that would provide any further guideance unless the firmware is a different revision.
Otherwise, at this stage, I'm clueless. Sorry...
Johan said:
I really would love to get the display to completely turn off when going to standby.
Is there something I can do to help to test how to do this?
Sorry, there isn't. It would require some programming and detective work - or an API from Soundgraph.

Drudixx

Portal Member
June 12, 2005
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks ralphy,

I will test this out when I am home again on Monday.

- Drudixx

darkaz

Portal Member
December 26, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
awesome!

at last.... I've finally got the display in my antec fusion black working! woohoo....

only thing that doesn't appear to work is the contrast adjustment... otherwise all is good (but would be even better if contrast could be reduced right down as per the supplied antec vfd application)

fetzbraun

Portal Member
July 30, 2005
How to turn the Display of in Standby?

Sorry for the german entry above. Must be very late.

The display works fine. I had no problems to activate the plugin with your driver. Is it possisble to turn the display off when i shutdown the system?

best regards

Christian

Pro-Pain

Portal Member
August 21, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
I've got the same problem Drudixx has. The old one are working at least flawless with the new imon software version. When i select the new ones (does not matter if text or graphic mode) it just displays nothing.
No big thing, i'm using the old one again.

darkaz

Portal Member
December 26, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
a bit more thought over my comment re: adjusting contrast - I think the main problem is the backlight is turning on by default - and staying on.... any know of a simple way to turn this off as I'd much prefer blue text on black than blue text on a slightly darker blue?

ralphy

Portal Pro
June 15, 2007
Home Country
I've got the same problem Drudixx has. The old one are working at least flawless with the new imon software version. When i select the new ones (does not matter if text or graphic mode) it just displays nothing.
No big thing, i'm using the old one again.
Please note that these drivers are for the LCD display only, NOT the VFD display, so if you had the 'old one' working, I assume you mean you were using the old VFD drivers successfully.

For the other folks who would like some enhancements (standby/contrast/backlight etc), for the moment, sorry, but I am unable to get around to these in a hurry. But with the source code and limited API published, I am sure that there are others out there who are able to make the changes.

darkaz

Portal Member
December 26, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
Thanks for the reply Ralphy - I fully understand about not having time for things like this to become priority... I'll try to take a look at the source and see what I can figure (although it's been a while since I've done any "real" programming - day job involves lots of php/mysql but not client-side stuff)

thanks for everything to date - has certainly got me out of a bind :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom