1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated iMON (Soundgraph) LCD Driver | Page 73

Discussion in 'External Display' started by ralphy, August 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waskol

waskol Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    I do not use IRSS : only iMon Manager. :)
    You are welcome.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. globaldonkey
    • Premium Supporter

globaldonkey MP Donator

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Nice job Waskol. I think you've found a major reason why so many people have problems getting cybrdisplay and the remote working together.

Yet again, one of the many strange behaviours of the crappy iMON software. Why should 3rd party access to the display dll break the ability to receive MCE remote commands. Totally stoopid.

4. waskol

waskol Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    Thank you very much, although it was nothing to compare to this marvellous cyberdisplay plugin.

Well, I would say a bit more, I think that the hardware itself is not fully USB compliant, and that is why the software is crappy too : sometimes it can conflict with some other USB devices (gamepads ! :mad:)

@HTPC_Sourcer : when you say that CybrDisplay is now part of the standard MP release , are you serious ? don't you make the confusion with "external display" ? because it is a bit different and I have not seen Cyberdisplay in the plugins of my fresh installed MediaPortal.
    Anyway, 74 pages, that's long to read : but when you are motivated like I was a few days ago before coming in, I took the time to read :D

5. pisla

pisla New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    imon api

Just wondering if MP guys would like to have soundgraph support via independent API.

Custom driver + dll - bloody imon ;)

In my experience, iMON plug-in mode could be hell with some hardware, - it goes out of sync often.

6. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +1,965 / 19
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Well, I saw some comments from chemelli in the SVN 20683 thread that Cybrdisplay is now part of the standard edition
    However, I did not do a clean install, nor did I check on the version number of Cybrdisplay. However, I believe that I saw some new options in the settings dialogue.

Regarding the 74 pages be assured that I've read them too - and not just these ones. There are a couple of threads that deal with iMon, the VFD and LCD display, the remote and how it is (not) working. All these threads have become extremely long. This is why I would appreciate to somehow consolidate the infomation.

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

7. waskol

waskol Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    Ho, yes ! you pointed it out right ! cyberdisplay seems to be in the SVN.
    I did not see it because I prefer to wait a few SVN before updating (It seems that there are a few annoying bugs in the SVN).

On my side, I have started to report this an synthesized in the "tips&tricks" of the French forum : I agree with you, a kind of clean up and resume of what has been fixed could be interesting. But who will have the courage to do it here ?

@Pisla : that could be interesting for a lot of developpers. I think you should contact the author of cyberdisplay to know if he is interested.

8. chemelli
    • Team MediaPortal

chemelli Retired Team Member

Activation Manager - Cloud Services
    Ratings:
    +1,128 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

• About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Like Us On Facebook

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!