Updated iMON (Soundgraph) LCD Driver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Nice job Waskol. I think you've found a major reason why so many people have problems getting cybrdisplay and the remote working together.

Yet again, one of the many strange behaviours of the crappy iMON software. Why should 3rd party access to the display dll break the ability to receive MCE remote commands. Totally stoopid.

waskol

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Nice job Waskol. I think you've found a major reason why so many people have problems getting cybrdisplay and the remote working together.

Thank you very much, although it was nothing to compare to this marvellous cyberdisplay plugin.

Yet again, one of the many strange behaviours of the crappy iMON software. Why should 3rd party access to the display dll break the ability to receive MCE remote commands. Totally stoopid.
    Well, I would say a bit more, I think that the hardware itself is not fully USB compliant, and that is why the software is crappy too : sometimes it can conflict with some other USB devices (gamepads ! :mad:)

@HTPC_Sourcer : when you say that CybrDisplay is now part of the standard MP release , are you serious ? don't you make the confusion with "external display" ? because it is a bit different and I have not seen Cyberdisplay in the plugins of my fresh installed MediaPortal.
    Anyway, 74 pages, that's long to read : but when you are motivated like I was a few days ago before coming in, I took the time to read :D

pisla

October 16, 2007
    imon api

Just wondering if MP guys would like to have soundgraph support via independent API.

Custom driver + dll - bloody imon ;)

In my experience, iMON plug-in mode could be hell with some hardware, - it goes out of sync often.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    when you say that CybrDisplay is now part of the standard MP release , are you serious ? don't you make the confusion with "external display" ? because it is a bit different and I have not seen Cyberdisplay in the plugins of my fresh installed MediaPortal.
    Anyway, 74 pages, that's long to read : but when you are motivated like I was a few days ago before coming in, I took the time to read :D

Well, I saw some comments from chemelli in the SVN 20683 thread that Cybrdisplay is now part of the standard edition
    As a general suggestion I would say use the plugin in this SVN and not the one coming from forum posts, delete Cybr*.xml files and try once again configuring it leaving it in autodetect ( works fine even with my old VFD fw 0x30 ) and finally, but not less important, update to iMON 7.40.0806.
    However, I did not do a clean install, nor did I check on the version number of Cybrdisplay. However, I believe that I saw some new options in the settings dialogue.

Regarding the 74 pages be assured that I've read them too - and not just these ones. There are a couple of threads that deal with iMon, the VFD and LCD display, the remote and how it is (not) working. All these threads have become extremely long. This is why I would appreciate to somehow consolidate the infomation.

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

waskol

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Well, I saw some comments from chemelli in the SVN 20683...

Regarding the 74 pages be assured that I've read them too - and not just these ones. There are a couple of threads that deal with iMon, the VFD and LCD display, the remote and how it is (not) working. All these threads have become extremely long. This is why I would appreciate to somehow consolidate the infomation.

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

Ho, yes ! you pointed it out right ! cyberdisplay seems to be in the SVN.
    I did not see it because I prefer to wait a few SVN before updating (It seems that there are a few annoying bugs in the SVN).

On my side, I have started to report this an synthesized in the "tips&tricks" of the French forum : I agree with you, a kind of clean up and resume of what has been fixed could be interesting. But who will have the courage to do it here ?

@Pisla : that could be interesting for a lot of developpers. I think you should contact the author of cyberdisplay to know if he is interested.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom