Updated plugin: Rar Mount 2 (1 Viewer)

senilix

Portal Member
October 18, 2008
norway
Home Country
Norway Norway
There seems to be a bug in the latest dll, it does not unmont the drive after watching the movie/tv serie.
and this coused me to get a \Device\ImDisk5 device that could not be unmounted....
tryed the imdisk forums to no avail! -D/dosdev/force....... no go.....

to fix it i had to uninstall and reinstall imdisk...

for some reson the dll useses the -u 5 option....... ImDisk5? and when that is locked it can't mount a new movie/tv....

jackjson

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have noticed RarMount2.exe always takes 50% of cpu, see attched picture. Expected behaviour?

No, it shouldn't take 50%. But I can't say that it doesn't do the same on my PC.
I'll try to find some time to debug this.

Now for the big news!
I've created a very buggy proof of concept of my new project, SmbRAR.
It is a CIFS / SMB / Samba / Windows-share server that can mount one (or many) folders on your PC as network shares. When you browse the shares all RAR archives are displayed as folders, and you can browse into them without decompressing. It's only working with 'stored' RAR archives (archives using no compression).
It has no file count or file size limits (well, the alpha version will crash if you try it with very large files, but this will soon be fixed).

Please note: This is currently not a replacement for RarMount2. It is very buggy and is intended for curious geeks only :)

Read more and download:
SmbRAR 0.1 (Alpha) (Page 1) - Development & alpha discussions - SmbRAR forum

senilix

Portal Member
October 18, 2008
norway
Home Country
Norway Norway
thanx will try it! :)

your smbrar forum has problems:
An error was encountered

Could not connect to smtp host "localhost" (10060) (Anslutningsf�rs�ket misslyckades eftersom den anslutna datorn inte svarade inom en viss tid eller p� grund av att den etablerade anslutningen till v�rddatorn inte l�ngre fungerar. ).

The error occurred on line 155 in E:\wwwroot\smbrar.com\forum\include\email.php

jackjson

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
thanx will try it! :)

your smbrar forum has problems:
An error was encountered

Could not connect to smtp host "localhost" (10060) (Anslutningsf�rs�ket misslyckades eftersom den anslutna datorn inte svarade inom en viss tid eller p� grund av att den etablerade anslutningen till v�rddatorn inte l�ngre fungerar. ).

The error occurred on line 155 in E:\wwwroot\smbrar.com\forum\include\email.php

Sorry. Had to reconfigure the mail settings.
Give it a new try.

And thanks for pointing that out!

Jack

bozzo70

Portal Pro
November 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
First this is a great plugin:)

When i try this with Moving Pictures and load .rar files it doesnt work, it starts and shuts down
right away. When I use it with my Movies it works ok and load .rar files so I can watch movies.
Using MP 1.0 and no SVN build.

bozzo70

Portal Pro
November 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks for the tip.

Didnt work for me :sorry:

When I load the movie it mounts and right away it Unmounts the same file, and this happens only in Moving
Pictures when i do the same thing in My Movies everything works ok.:(

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ah.. I only tested it in MyVideos, and, as you say, it worked well there. I kinda thought it would be the same with MovPic, as it uses same playersettings (I thought).

bozzo70

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    First this is a great plugin:)

When i try this with Moving Pictures and load .rar files it doesnt work, it starts and shuts down
    right away. When I use it with my Movies it works ok and load .rar files so I can watch movies.
    Using MP 1.0 and no SVN build.

Anybody have a' suggestion what I should try to make it work ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom