1.15.0 Updating Dedicated TVE setup, set TV-service to "manual" start (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    MediaPortal Version: 1.15.0

Description
    Hello.

First all,
    my system has MP2-server installed on the same machine ( maybe related or not ).
    the TVE of MP2 is removed of the mp2-server, so not conflict with MP1-TVE

So, about "the bug",
    on an update of MP TVE, on my dedicated server,
    after the MP upgrade, TVE is always set for start manually, instead of Automatic.
    i must always, change this after setup.

Steps to Reproduce:
    run setup, on dedicated server, maybe with MP2-server installed and started.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No.

You can see the Windows system event log for yourself:
    "12/10/2016 19:10:38";"Service Control Manager";"(0)";"Information";"Un service a été installé sur le système. Nom du service : TVService Nom du fichier de service : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TVService.exe" Type de service : service en mode utilisateur Type de démarrage du service : Démarrage à la demande Compte de service : LocalSystem";"1073748869"

I don't know why the startup type is on demand.
    TV Server uses default service installation/configuration parameters, so the startup type should be automatic.
    In fact, people have previously complained that they set the startup type to manual, and after MP update the startup type was set back to automatic.
    So, I can only guess that your system (Windows) is configured to set the startup type to manual/on-demand for newly installed services.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Installer installs the service with startup type manual/on-demand and no DB service dependency:
    MediaPortal-1/ProjectInstaller.Designer.cs at master · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1 · GitHub

Installer then runs SetupTv.exe which opens the DB connection config window. After you confirm the DB connection details, SetupTv.exe adds the TVService DB service dependency and changes the startup type to automatic:
    MediaPortal-1/ServiceHelper.cs at master · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1 · GitHub

SetupTV log file says:
    [2016-10-12 19:10:41,969] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - SetupDatabaseForm: DB service name not recognized - using defaults

This means that you didn't enter the correct name for the MySQL service. As a result, the DB service dependency and startup type change would be skipped.

In short: it looks like the problem is your own fault. ;)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    So, I can only guess that your system (Windows) is configured to set the startup type to manual/on-demand for newly installed services.
    hum,, need to investigate on this directon, but when setup MP2 server, it install it as Automatic statup...

In short: it looks like the problem is your own fault. ;)
    pfff, always me lol

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, it don't want update the Dependancy
    the actual setting -> the new setting.
    upload_2017-4-18_12-20-14.png
    upload_2017-4-18_12-20-39.png

it don't want save the new dependancy setting !
    (at least clicking on save, seems work, but starting TVservice, return to the old value )

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The dependency is not saved as a setting.
    When the DB connection config window is opened, it assumes you use the default service name (either MySQL5 for MySQL or SQLBrowser for SQL Server).
    When you save, the dependency is added to the TV service.
    That's all.
    If you're using a non-default service name (eg. MySQL56), you just have to make sure that you enter that service name before saving.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    If you're using a non-default service name (eg. MySQL56), you just have to make sure that you enter that service name before saving.
    i try to rename the mysql servicename for corresponding to MP, i hope not break anything ..

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    As expected, mysql don't want start anymore

Envoyé de mon D5803 en utilisant Tapatalk

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't think you've understood me.
    If you want the TV service to start automatically after installation, you need to make sure you enter the correct DB service name.
    That's all I'm saying about that.

As expected, mysql don't want start anymore
    I don't know what you're talking about.
    TeamViewer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom