"Upgrade" fails to replace files and causes that does not work TV (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Austria Austria
    I see what you're saying but I didn't have a problem with the TV Service, it was the client plug-in for MediaPortal.
    I know, it was just an example.
    But the upgrade issue seems limited to the Tv-Server/Client installer.
    There was no case where i.e. Mediaportal.exe did not get upgraded so far.

The only plug-in that I have activated which I didn't before was the power scheduler. Perhaps this interacts with the TV client in some way?
    Had the same thought, but when MP.exe is not running, then TvClientPlugin should not be used either.

domb

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2006
    i do indeed... avast 5. can't say its ever caused problems in the past and always had it through the svn's and rc upgrades but its a possibility i guess!

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Country flag
    I'm running Avast 5 as well on both systems that failed to upgrade successfully.

Test system was an RC6 to 1.1.0 Final upgrade with symptoms as described.

Production system was a "clean" install as I was upgrading from 1.0.2. Didn't get the same error, (sorry can't recall exactly what the error was) but I could not start configuration or MP, and a uninstall of TV Server and re-install fixed the problem.

Here's the install log on the 1.0.2 upgrade.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    I'm not running an AntiVirus on my machine but it also failed. Had to make sure that TV Service was stopped before carrying out the upgrade.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    +1 here too. no antivirus but I did see that theTV server crashed when it was atemped to be closed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    G MP1 TV Server "failed to upgrade the database" using MS Sql Server Installation, configuration support 3
    joecrow Online Videos fails after MP 1.23 upgrade. 1.23 Pre Release 37
    D Upgrade to MP2.2 pre release fails with failure to start service 2.2 Archive 32
    A [solved] DiseqC problems after upgrade to 1.25 General Support 1
    DHosein 1.25 Upgrade and movie covers/backdrops General Support 9
    cerberus Erfahrungsbericht Upgrade Win 10.1909 MP 1.24 Installationsprobleme? 2
    G [solved] Black Screen on all videos after upgrading to either 1.23 or 1.24 from 1.22 General Support 4
    404 [solved] EPG problem after Win10 'upgrade' General Support 1
    F [solved] Could not find the MediaPortal.Common.Logging.ILogger service after upgrading from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 General 2
    T Upgrading HTPC for 4K General 5
    johns11 Multiple programs responding to IR commands since upgrade from 1.12 Remotes 3
    D PC rebuild & MP2 upgrade - how to preserve database and settings? General 1
    W Playback stuttering after upgrade from MP1 on Windows 7 to MP2 on Windows 10 General 2
    R [solved] TV Server after upgrading from MP 1.18 to MP 2.2 General 14
    caveman Upgrade from Mediaportal 1.X to 2.2 General 6
    B Is it Feasible to upgrade a working Mediaportal 1.20.100.0 to V2? Newcomers Forum 1
    T [further infos missing] MP2.2 client crashes on open (after upgrade) 2.2 Archive 34
    J Things I noticed with MP2.2 almost within minutes after upgrading it over the 2.13 version General 6
    C Upgrade from ancient MP Installation, configuration support 12
    Steve.Rayner61 TV "Unable to play" on Client - Working until Win 10 Server upgraded to Version 1803 Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 5
    J upgraded to mp2 but have a few queries! General 17
    Undel MediaPortal 1.1 upgrade Installation, configuration support 3
    joecrow 1.25.0 Radio Time plugin fails after Resume from Sleep with MP 1.25 Bugreports 3
    M MovingPictures: Hang at retrieving details (connection fails) ? Moving Pictures 23
    Grisu002 Failed to startup - TV Server funktioniert nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0