"Upgrade" fails to replace files and causes that does not work TV (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I see what you're saying but I didn't have a problem with the TV Service, it was the client plug-in for MediaPortal.

I know, it was just an example.
    But the upgrade issue seems limited to the Tv-Server/Client installer.
    There was no case where i.e. Mediaportal.exe did not get upgraded so far.

The only plug-in that I have activated which I didn't before was the power scheduler. Perhaps this interacts with the TV client in some way?
    Had the same thought, but when MP.exe is not running, then TvClientPlugin should not be used either.

domb

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2006
    i do indeed... avast 5. can't say its ever caused problems in the past and always had it through the svn's and rc upgrades but its a possibility i guess!

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    I'm running Avast 5 as well on both systems that failed to upgrade successfully.

Test system was an RC6 to 1.1.0 Final upgrade with symptoms as described.

Production system was a "clean" install as I was upgrading from 1.0.2. Didn't get the same error, (sorry can't recall exactly what the error was) but I could not start configuration or MP, and a uninstall of TV Server and re-install fixed the problem.

Here's the install log on the 1.0.2 upgrade.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm not running an AntiVirus on my machine but it also failed. Had to make sure that TV Service was stopped before carrying out the upgrade.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    +1 here too. no antivirus but I did see that theTV server crashed when it was atemped to be closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom