Upmixing stereo to surround and playing WMVHD surround (1 Viewer)

Wizzing

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I used MONOGRAM GraphStudio. And it tells me this:
    (I removed the ffdshow postprocessing here, forgot to put it back on again but this doesn't matter for the main finding)

When I play a mkv (surround):
    graphstudio_mkv.jpg

When I play WMVHD (stereo), it seems like it uses the windows windows codecs or something like it.

graphstudio_wmvhd.jpg

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When I play WMVHD (stereo), it seems like it uses the windows windows codecs or something like it.

Yes it will, but if you have FFDShow in MP Post-Processing and enable the 'raw' codecs (and maybe change the 'Merit' - in FFDShow 'Direct Show control' config - to Very High) it should insert itself between the WMaudio decoder output and the directsound device input in the graph.

Tony

Wizzing

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Yes it will, but if you have FFDShow in MP Post-Processing and enable the 'raw' codecs (and maybe change the 'Merit' - in FFDShow 'Direct Show control' config - to Very High) it should insert itself between the WMaudio decoder output and the directsound device input in the graph.

Tony

The "uncompressed" format I have allready selected : "all supported" (RAW etc.).
    Changed the merit to very high

It uses indeed ffdshow, but no surround output over spdif
    graphstudio_wmvhd2.jpg

Wizzing

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great succes!

In this screen:
    ffdshow-output.jpg

I had to uncheck "Connect with PCM first".. Now it plays WMVHD files with 5.1 dolby digital sound :D
    I knew we were close, there was just one little error in our ways ;)

Now up to the mp3's, cause they won't yet upmix.

Salem

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2008
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Home Country
    Great succes!

In this screen:
    ffdshow-output.jpg

I had to uncheck "Connect with PCM first".. Now it plays WMVHD files with 5.1 dolby digital sound :D
    I knew we were close, there was just one little error in our ways ;)

Now up to the mp3's, cause they won't yet upmix.

Sorry for reviving this old thread, but did you get MP3s to upmix? I'm looking to get ALL audio output upmixed as i don't want to have to manually enable/disable Matrix mode on my speakers when I change media sources.

Wizzing

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry I didn't get mp3 to work with surround. At the moment I don't have a Media Portal setup. In the future I will use it again. If you find your sollution please post it in this thread.

Salem

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2008
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Home Country
    Sorry I didn't get mp3 to work with surround. At the moment I don't have a Media Portal setup. In the future I will use it again. If you find your sollution please post it in this thread.

If you don't mind me asking what do you now use? Or don't you use any HTPC software at all?

Wizzing

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

If you don't mind me asking what do you now use? Or don't you use any HTPC software at all?

Well I sold my dedicated Media Portal machine. Now I use my desktop as media center (extended by some 10meter + cables for HDMI and USB for the remote receiver). I use 7MC on it.

In the future I am planning on buying a new machine some day and give Media Portal another try.

Salem

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2008
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Home Country
    This should still work in MediaPortal 1.2 Beta correct? I got it setup using this thread (tahnks) perfectly, but since then my PC got messed up so need a total cleanup.

I've now reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) with MediaPortal 1.2 Beta and ffdshow x86 (to allow MediaPortal which is also x86) to use it). I've dont the setup as previously, but it audio doesn't seem to be going through ffdshow for upmixing. And this is something I NEED as being disabled Its difficult to go to my speaker systems remoote and constantly enable/disable matrix mode when switching between Stereo and multichannel content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom