Upmixing stereo to surround and playing WMVHD surround (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Stupid question I know, have you rebooted since changing all these parameters, sometimes registry entry changes will only take effect after this.

Salem

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2008
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Home Country
    At this point, I think I'd try opening a video file in GraphStudio (File->Render Media File...) - this should build a working graph - check it plays.

If it doesn't include FFDShow audio, try deleting the audio decode filter and then insert FFDShow audio (Graph->Insert Filter...)

Then try connecting up the FFDShow pins (click the mouse on an output pin and drag the line across to the input on on the next filter in the chain) - if they won't connect then there may be a problem with the FFDShow settings.

Tony

Ill give that a try this evening

Stupid question I know, have you rebooted since changing all these parameters, sometimes registry entry changes will only take effect after this.

I actually hadnt changed any parameters yesterday apart from adding and registering the *.dll for GraphStudio so saw no need to reboot. My MediaPortal and codec config has been the same for weeks.

I had the upconversion working before so i know for a fact it works, but since i originally got it working i had to reformat my PC and since then i couldnt get it to work, despite following the settings described in this thread (unless i missed one step, which is possible although i have checked but couldnt see anything).

Salem

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2008
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Home Country
    At this point, I think I'd try opening a video file in GraphStudio (File->Render Media File...) - this should build a working graph - check it plays.

Opening a AVI (with Xvid video and MP3 audio) worked, and played perfectly. but with no FFDShow audio

Opening an MKV with H.264 video and AC3 5.1 audio seems to have frozen GraphStudio (although I did notice the Haali Media Splitter icon appear in the System Tray). GraphStudio appears to have stopped responding. Is this a problem?

...If it doesn't include FFDShow audio, try deleting the audio decode filter and then insert FFDShow audio (Graph->Insert Filter...)

Then try connecting up the FFDShow pins (click the mouse on an output pin and drag the line across to the input on on the next filter in the chain) - if they won't connect then there may be a problem with the FFDShow settings.

Tony

I deleted the audio decode filter, and add FFDShow Audio Decoder. I then added a "line" from the Audio of the media file towards the FFDShow audio "in" pin, but i cannot get the "connection" from the FFDShow out pin to the Default DirectSound device. I take it there's a problem?

Attachments

• Manually adding FFDShow.png
      Manually adding FFDShow.png
      48.3 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I deleted the audio decode filter, and add FFDShow Audio Decoder. I then added a "line" from the Audio of the media file towards the FFDShow audio "in" pin, but i cannot get the "connection" from the FFDShow out pin to the Default DirectSound device. I take it there's a problem?

Yes (and that's probably why it doesn't load in MP either) - take a careful look at/try changing/reset the 'output' settings in FFDShow - once you can get it to connect in GraphStudio it should work in MP.

Tony

Salem

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2008
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Home Country

Yes (and that's probably why it doesn't load in MP either) - take a careful look at/try changing/reset the 'output' settings in FFDShow - once you can get it to connect in GraphStudio it should work in MP.

Tony

I can't seem to get anything to work :(

Salem

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2008
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Home Country
    Hm...so i restored my PC and managed to get ffdshow to upmix MePo audio. Problem is, is only works when ffdshow is set to 6.1 (3/2/1+LFE). Windows is set to 5.1 but as soon as i change the ffdshow mixer setting to 5.1 it is disabled, so now i have to use ffdshow in 6.1.

Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom