Upmixing stereo to surround and playing WMVHD surround (1 Viewer)

Salem

Portal Pro
March 10, 2008
Cambridgeshire, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
You need to change Audio engine to DirectShow in MePo setup. Now all audio formats will be done by DS (like in Graphstudio).

Ahh, yeah, that could be it actually. I completely forgot about that this time round. I'll check when i get home this evening.

Salem

Portal Pro
March 10, 2008
Cambridgeshire, UK
Home Country
You need to change Audio engine to DirectShow in MePo setup. Now all audio formats will be done by DS (like in Graphstudio).

Ahh, yeah, that could be it actually. I completely forgot about that this time round. I'll check when i get home this evening.

Hm...MePo is set to Default DirectShow Device, on both Video and TV.

Any other ideas?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

Any other ideas?

Well, firstly you should use Graphstudio for testing to eliminate player problem.

Salem

Portal Pro
March 10, 2008
Cambridgeshire, UK
Home Country

Any other ideas?

Well, firstly you should use Graphstudio for testing to eliminate player problem.

Got GraphStudio, but not sure how to use it? Should i just have it open and play something in MePo? If so, nothing happens in GraphStudio

[apology]Sorry, i'm a beginner where this is concerned[/apology]

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
AW: Re: Upmixing stereo to surround and playing WMVHD surround

if you are playing something in mp, than click on connect to graph in graphstudio --> it should connect to mp, and show you the used codecs

Salem

Portal Pro
March 10, 2008
Cambridgeshire, UK
Home Country
if you are playing something in mp, than click on connect to graph in graphstudio --> it should connect to mp, and show you the used codecs

I thought that was what needed to be done, but i dont see MediaPortal listed, just some random string. When i select that nothing happens :(

Ill try and provide screenshots this evening. Hopefully someone can help me out

Salem

Portal Pro
March 10, 2008
Cambridgeshire, UK
Home Country
Progress! (thanks Owlsroot for the tip:D)

I've attached some files, as follows:
  • AVI Xvid MP3.png - GraphStudio while playing an AVI file with Xvid video and MP3 audio in MediaPortal
  • MKV H264 DD5.1.png - GraphStudio while playing an MKV file with 720p H.264 video and Dolby Digital STEREO audio in MediaPortal (sorry, i named the file DD5.1 in error)
  • MKV H264 DTS - GraphStudio while playing an MKV file with 720p H.264 video and DTS Surround audio in MediaPortal

So, now that I have GraphStudio working, it looks like nothing is being passed from MediaPortal to ffdshow to allow for upconverting of my audio.

I've also attached screenshots of my MediaPortal codec settings to show what Its set to.

NOTE: I have PowerDVD 11 installed, but for some reason it's not showing up in MediaPortal codec options. Again, no idea why.

Could anyone advise on how I can get this upconversion to work again?

Also, please be aware, unless someone can recommend a codec other than DivX than can decode the LOAS/LATM AAC streams used in the UKs Freeview HD feeds, I don't want to uninstall DivX. Also, I don't want to use SAF (or whatever it's called). I tried it in the passed and it messed up my setup, to an irreversible state (even an uninstall didn't fully uninstall it), so I want to stay well clear from it.

I hope someone on here can help me. Looking forward to a reply

:D

Attachments

• AVI Xvid MP3.png
    AVI Xvid MP3.png
    35.7 KB
  • MKV H264 DD5.1.png
    MKV H264 DD5.1.png
    114.1 KB
  • MKV H264 DTS.png
    MKV H264 DTS.png
    111.2 KB
  • MP Disc Codecs.png
    MP Disc Codecs.png
    54.2 KB
  • MP TV Codecs.png
    MP TV Codecs.png
    57.6 KB
  • MP Video codecs.png
    MP Video codecs.png
    54.8 KB
  • MP Video Renderer.png
    MP Video Renderer.png
    50.1 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    At this point, I think I'd try opening a video file in GraphStudio (File->Render Media File...) - this should build a working graph - check it plays.

If it doesn't include FFDShow audio, try deleting the audio decode filter and then insert FFDShow audio (Graph->Insert Filter...)

Then try connecting up the FFDShow pins (click the mouse on an output pin and drag the line across to the input on on the next filter in the chain) - if they won't connect then there may be a problem with the FFDShow settings.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom