UPnP / DLNA Media Server for MediaPortal 2 (1 Viewer)

radical

Portal Pro
December 16, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Are you sure your TV can mkv?

I'm absolutely sure.

WMP transcodes the file to a container / fileformat that your TV understands, simpleDLNA does not do this
This is new for me. I didn't know WMP is transcoding anything and I wonder how this is possible with an lowend Celeron without high cpu usage?
Just changing filetype?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A small update: as @FreakyJ works on DLNA implementation I thought it would be good to bring the existing plugin up-to-date with current codebase.

I started to rebase the code, fixing some obvious bugs and try to get it working :)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A small update: as @FreakyJ works on DLNA implementation I thought it would be good to bring the existing plugin up-to-date with current codebase.

I started to rebase the code, fixing some obvious bugs and try to get it working :)
    Haha did I inspire you?! :p
    Would be cool if you could push the updated code later, would like to take a look on it. Nice to see someone working on this. I already thought about doing this my self, but you will probably produce better code results^^

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for pushing, maybe I overlooked it on ny mobile but I think you forgotten to change the constants for the content directory etc. :)
    I think they are right: if I look at the xml of my other devices, they also use the prefix. So I think if there is something not working, there might be another issue. Maybe we can change some parts of current code so we don't need to call ffmpeg for metadata extraction and also can avoid an additional MediaAspect.

I could need your help in fixing the remaining issue, can you help me with it? I think it would be the better approach: first fix/"finish" the MediaServer plugin inside MP2, then reuse it later to host your TV channels (I've seen stubs for those in code already).

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sure the prefix is right, but as far as I remember our upnp lib already adds the prefix. In the end it was there two times :)
    Sure I will try to find some time this evening to try this out again, have the next 2.5 weeks exams, so not to much freetime :D
    Which mp2 version do i need? Is it a server or client plugin?
    I will than report back here :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Check out the FEAT_DLNA branch, it's based upon DEV. The plugin is contained in server project.
    I changed the original code this way, that the DlnaAspect is mandatory. This means you have to create new shares to force fresh import (not tested yet!). The server runs also in Window mode ("-c" as argument).
    Best is to use client from same branch ( only required for shares config )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom