UPnP / DLNA Media Server for MediaPortal 2 (3 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What info exactly your are taking from ffmpeg? We already have ffmpeg included in the movie thumbnailer MDE, so extending the usage is easily possible.

As next I will look into the SystemStates, i.e. adding "Running" and "BeginShutdown" or similar states.

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ah, interesting I hadn't realised that ffmpeg was already included. What I need out is codec and container information along with resolution size from the media items. I can use this information to get the dlna profile name for the format. This I can then derive into the correct mime type for the dlna profile and finally create correct dlna forth field info. All this info is used by the Dlna devices to present the correct format the selected renderer can support. Ideally I want to create a dlna aspect with all this info pre-populated so that browsing and searching is quick.

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    More progress on the plugin. Big thank you to Morpheus_xx for the tip off on the ffmpeg code. I've managed to get it to work and begin the process figuring out the DLNA profile. Works only with mp3 at the mo, but extension to other types should be super easy now.

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    Been working on profile resolution for a couple of nights now. Looks like this stuff is going to be more involved than I initially thought. I'm going to do a bunch of work offline and push when I'm happy with the changes. Otherwise it's just going to look like one big mess. :)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    Slow progress I'm afraid, some of the changes I'm making just need lots of thought and aren't working. So rather than push broken code to a repository I'm keeping it to myself. I don't want others suffering ;)
    Also, over Christmas i managed to land myself a new son and he is taking my a fair amount of time up.
    Hope to be back on track soon.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Slow progress I'm afraid, some of the changes I'm making just need lots of thought and aren't working. So rather than push broken code to a repository I'm keeping it to myself. I don't want others suffering ;)
    As an alternative to commit the changes to MP2 repository, you also could create your own fork and commit it there.
    You also would be able pull and push to both repositories, official MP2 and your fork, from within the same clone (checkout): https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...sitory-for-development-of-new-plugins.117271/

Also, over Christmas i managed to land myself a new son and he is taking my a fair amount of time up.
    Great, congratulations. There is nothing better than spending the time with the kids.
    All the best :)

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've been following this and just wondering what the latest news is?

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

is UpnP allready supported with MP2? Just installed it, but my Android UpnP app does see MP2 on my pc..

I thought this was allready included!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom