UPnP / DLNA Media Server for MediaPortal 2 (3 Viewers)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @morpheus_xx I'm trying to work out how playlists should be enumerated. Is there a wrapper function? Or is it IMediaLibrary::GetPlaylists to get them all (the container in MediaServer paradigm), IMediaLibrary::ExportPlaylist to get the media item IDs (the container's children) and do a per ID lookup (the children's children)?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx I'm trying to work out how playlists should be enumerated. Is there a wrapper function? Or is it IMediaLibrary::GetPlaylists to get them all (the container in MediaServer paradigm), IMediaLibrary::ExportPlaylist to get the media item IDs (the container's children) and do a per ID lookup (the children's children)?
    To be honest: no idea :). I've not touched this code part yet. This was one of the parts that Albert implemented at last.

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @FreakyJ any ideas? If not I'll just wing it. Sorry did I say "wing it"? I of course mean "implement it using the carefully thought out pseudo code above".

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I found this while working on the WifiRemote code:
    Code:
    List<PlaylistInformationData> playLists = ServerPlaylists.GetPlaylists().ToList();
    I am using this on the client side, maybe it helps?! I hope I got you right. But the Playlists are also a mistery to me. They behave very different from all the other media items >_> IMO Playlists should be just an own MediaAspect...

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Lehmden
    You mentioned so often that you would like to have new build of the DLNA MediaServer so I thought I would provide you with one^^
    Use this installer: http://tinyurl.com/qgufrrc
    (this is the MP2Ext installer because the DLNA Server and MP2Ext are using the same Transcoding Plugin + other changes in this branch^^ to many to recall them all :D )

The issues you encountered the last time were mainly due to the Transcoding Service and are hopefully fixed now. I would suggest to make a backup of you DB because this build adds new MediaAspects. So a Reimport is also required to fill the DB with the needed information.

Attachments

• MediaServer.rar
      457.9 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just in Time as I today have setup a fresh Windows on my HTPC. I now even did not have MP2 installed at all... Is it compatible with latest Weekly?

Edit.. Ok, no.. But then I need to know if it includes the latest SlimTV Client improvements, Morpheus did lately.. The schedules planing is indeed even more important to me than the DLNA server...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom