[Finished] Use or import exisiting MP-TV Series database? (1 Viewer)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Any plans to have a version of MP-TV Series within MP2?

Or... possible to import an existing MP-TV Series database into MP2?

thanks

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Series management is already integrated into MP2.

Provided that your series folders have the same name as the associated series on tvdb.com and episode files are correctly numbers (either as S01E01 or 1x01), MP2 will automatically read the share, import all series and load all available fanart without further user input.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Aside this there is a program called MP2-Edit (here in the forum) that can import your watched status exported from TVSeries into the MP2 Media Library. This program also can transfer watched status from MovingPictures, MyVideos and MyFilms into the MP2 library.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks!

I have a number of ripped DVD's in my exisiting TV Series database where each episode has been manually associated with the appropriate VIDEO-TS file. This seems to be the sticking point, can MP2 do anything with those?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    MP2 can handle multiple episodes (not only two like TVSeries) in one file, so for ISO files this should not be an issue at all. And MP2 can make use of .nfo files for series too. If you add a proper .nfo to your video-ts MP2 should be able to recognise them as series episodes, no matter how the video file is named...

There is work ongoing to support stub files for optical disks but this is not yet working...

But I'm no expert for DVD/BD as the last time I'm using such was at least 10 years ago.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a number of ripped DVD's in my exisiting TV Series database where each episode has been manually associated with the appropriate VIDEO-TS file.
    Obviously you need to have a distinction between the different VIDEO-TS files. So either these are stored in different subdirectories (each being named appropriately with series name and season/episode number or have speaking names. Alternatively use nfo files, but even then you need to somehow name the files.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    even then you need to somehow name the files.
    Not necessarily. When there is an .nfo file, the name of the video is not important at all. Only thing that is important is that the nfo needs to have exactly the same name as the video file (excerpt for the extension for sure) So if there is a VTS_03.ts that contains episode 7 of season 3 of "Game Of Thrones" a .nfo called VTS_03.nfo containing the metadata for this episode placed next to the VTS_03.ts will lead to a proper identification inside MP2.

Users who are viewing this thread