user definable zoom modes (1 Viewer)

MrSensitive

Portal Pro
May 18, 2004
Belgium
I would like to be able to define my own zoom modes.

currently in Live TV the zoom setting zooms in a bit to much.
it would be great i I could adjust the zoom percentage in each mode.

thanks..

brunoh

Portal Pro
August 8, 2004
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Yeess, it would also like this very much, but was not brave enough to ask.

With my PRV350, I have small black borders around the image, when use zoom-mode on my widescreen.
I have also a small withe line on the bottom when I watch in normal mode (I think from something like teletext).

If I just could zoom a little bit more.....

Thanks anyway for a great product...

ordinary73

Portal Member
October 9, 2004
Berlin, Germany
brunoh said:
With my PRV350, I have small black borders around the image, when use zoom-mode on my widescreen.
I have also a small withe line on the bottom when I watch in normal mode (I think from something like teletext).

If I just could zoom a little bit more.....

I've had the same problem (just like anyone who uses this mode). The screensettings-calibration-tool does'nt allow negative values. The only way to eliminate the black borders (which are within the videosignal and normally disapperearing on TV) is to edit the overscan-values in the config xml-file direct: my "calibration1024x768.xml" now looks like:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<profile>
  <section name="screen">
    <entry name="offsetx">0</entry>
    <entry name="offsety">0</entry>
    <entry name="offsetosd">23</entry>
    <entry name="overscanleft">-36</entry>
    <entry name="overscantop">-26</entry>
    <entry name="overscanwidth">1096</entry>
    <entry name="overscanheight">821</entry>
    <entry name="pixelratio">0,9400001</entry>
    <entry name="subtitles">718</entry>
  </section>
</profile>

Works well for my 4:3 display. You have to calibrate the pixelratio first with the calibration-tool and then edit the other values with a texteditor. That's it :) I don't know if it works for Widescreen-displays. give it a try.

brunoh

Portal Pro
August 8, 2004
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Thank you Thomas for the tip about the config xml-file.

I will give this a try, but I assume, that then everything is 'zoomed out' a little, even recorded files like AVI aso, where there is no black border around it?

But it is probably worth trying.

Bruno

ordinary73

Portal Member
October 9, 2004
Berlin, Germany
brunoh said:
I will give this a try, but I assume, that then everything is 'zoomed out' a little, even recorded files like AVI aso, where there is no black border around it?

Sure. Every video media you are playing with the built in player will be zoomed overscanned - not only the TV output. But as long as the zoom for TV is not able to do this on it's own this a quite good workaround. :)

Users who are viewing this thread