Using Hauppauge IR Blaster with MP? (1 Viewer)

geeps

Portal Member
February 14, 2007
Johannesburg
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hey ralphy and all,

I just wanted to say thanks for this, I got it working without a hitch and fairly simply. It is great to be able to use the Hauppauge blaster finally with tv server. Now if I could just get my Vista machines to talk to the XP server for multi seat i would be happy, but that is another problem.

Cheers,
Geeps

ralphy

Portal Pro
June 15, 2007
Home Country
Ralphy I have special need. Can you make plugin with sending after channel nuber is more then 1000 (4 digits) ? Because I have channel number for normal analog cable tv more then 99 (151, 343, etc) and everytime this channels start blasting to STB.

Thanks a lot

Stanik

Please see latest update in post 13.

I'd rather not build customised plugins, and hopefully, this update will solve the problems you are experiencing. As usual, please post logs if there are problems.

shmil_y

Portal Member
November 26, 2008
Hi I tried it on MP 1.0 and it doesn't work. I have Vista32 SP1.
b.t.w: I don't have ""C:\Program Files\WinTV\Ir.exe". which tool exactly should i install to have it? and is it suppose to be for Vista?
I don't understand why on the TV server configuration screen all works fine, but in MP itself it doesn't work at all..:confused:.

ralphy

Portal Pro
June 15, 2007
Home Country
b.t.w: I don't have ""C:\Program Files\WinTV\Ir.exe". which tool exactly should i install to have it? and is it suppose to be for Vista?
I don't understand why on the TV server configuration screen all works fine, but in MP itself it doesn't work at all..:confused:.

shmil_y, please post the logs as a starter as this will often help narrow down the problem.

Contrary to my earlier belief, I don't think ir.exe is necessary to be running - although it is in my setup. It came with my Hauppuage software.

Have you been able to confirm that you can change the set top box channels with the Hauppauge IR configuration setup program? This is a step is critical, as if this doens't work, then MP will not be able change the channels with this patch either.

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
September 21, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hey ralphy and all,

Now if I could just get my Vista machines to talk to the XP server for multi seat i would be happy, but that is another problem.

Cheers,
Geeps

Hi Geeps:

(Sorry if this is off topic, but I'm hoping Geeps found a solution)

I've got the same problem, can't get my Vista machine (TV Client) to communicate with my XP TV Server, even with the firewalls turned off on both machines. Works fine between XP systems.

Have you had any success in getting your Vista machine to work with the XP TV Server? If so, what did you have to do?

Any suggestions would be helpful as I've exhausted all my ideas.

Thanks!!

Dale

shmil_y

Portal Member
November 26, 2008

shmil_y, please post the logs as a starter as this will often help narrow down the problem.

Contrary to my earlier belief, I don't think ir.exe is necessary to be running - although it is in my setup. It came with my Hauppuage software.

Have you been able to confirm that you can change the set top box channels with the Hauppauge IR configuration setup program? This is a step is critical, as if this doens't work, then MP will not be able change the channels with this patch either.

Hi
When I'm running "Hauppauge IR Blaster Configuration" which is in "C:\Program Files\WinTV\IRBlasterCfg.exe" I get "run-time error 91", and the setup doesn't come up. as far as I know for Vista there is no need to install any of the Hauppauge tools, as it is already integrated with Vista.

Which of the logs should I attach?

Thanks

ralphy

Portal Pro
June 15, 2007
Home Country
shmil_y:

I do not know why you get error 91 when running IRBlasterCfg.exe. A quick google offered no assistance either.

But if you cannot get IRBlasterCfg.exe running to set up the relevant blasting codeset, then then it is extermely unlikely that the plugin will work, in which case there's probably no point posting the MP logs. (The TV Server log is the relevant one for this plugin).

Sorry - can't be of any more assistance here - needless to say, I don't run Vista on the HTPC.

shmil_y

Portal Member
November 26, 2008
Hi ralphy,
Thank you for the quick response.
From looking at local HTPC forums more people have the same issue with Hauppauge Win-Tv product and MP while using Vista. I think that as Vista becomes more popular, and Hauppauge is a commonly used product for capturing TV, I think that this issue is worth investigating by the MP team.
Also as i said before, in the TV-server configuration when testing the channels switching it works fine, so it is strange why in MP itself it doesn't work...

chesh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Quick question for either the plugin creator or anyone else in this forum that has experienced it. If I have a Hauppauge HD-PVR that I'm currently using to blast my STB, and I install a HVR-1600 which has a blaster on it, but I don't plan to use as I'll be tuning right from the coax, will the plugin break? Is there any calls you can put into the plugin to decipher using device 1, 2, etc? Or, is it time to buy some different type of blaster? Thanks for any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom