Using Hauppauge IR Blaster with MP? (1 Viewer)

ralphy

Portal Pro
June 15, 2007
Home Country
Quick question for either the plugin creator or anyone else in this forum that has experienced it. If I have a Hauppauge HD-PVR that I'm currently using to blast my STB, and I install a HVR-1600 which has a blaster on it, but I don't plan to use as I'll be tuning right from the coax, will the plugin break? Is there any calls you can put into the plugin to decipher using device 1, 2, etc? Or, is it time to buy some different type of blaster? Thanks for any help.

I don't claim to be the author of the plugin, but the I think the patch I made should allow you to do what I think you want, provided that channels are set up in MP correctly. STB channels will blast, non STB channels will not blast, but change the tuning on the card.

Given the limited number of downloads of this patch, there must be another way Hauppuage Blasters are being used with the TV Server. Anyone care to comment?

chesh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Welp, I got the HVR-1600 installed, but didn't have a chance to test blasting due to the fact that I have way to far of a run of coax and I'm not picking up crap when I scan for channels. Picking up an RF amplifier today and going to install it in where I have 3 1-to-2 coax converters (-3.5db loss on each one). Once I get that installed and scan for a couple of channels, I'll update if it broke the plugin or not. Thanks for the reply ralphy!

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Did this plugin stop working for anyone else with the latest SVN's? Both the 2-15 and 2-25 versions of TVServer broke it for me; when I click on the plugin in the TVServer config the title up top changes to serverblaster but the actual config box remains blank, and channel changing no longer works.

This worked for me with the 12-22 SVN so somethings changed in the later one.

ralphy

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Did this plugin stop working for anyone else with the latest SVN's? Both the 2-15 and 2-25 versions of TVServer broke it for me; when I click on the plugin in the TVServer config the title up top changes to serverblaster but the actual config box remains blank, and channel changing no longer works.

This worked for me with the 12-22 SVN so somethings changed in the later one.

Not sure exactly what is going on ixian - perhaps you can post some logs.

Please remember that

Note: If you want to rollback to the prior ServerBlaster, please make sure that you select either the Microsoft or SMK blaster before removing the new plugin, since the original plugin will abort as it doens't handle more than two blaster types.

chesh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Home Country
    Here's my first impressions of using the Hauppauge blaster plugin with 2 cards.... First, I had to move the IR blaster to my HVR-1600 as when I tried to change channels with the HD-PVR, it wasn't doing anything. Quickly troubleshooted by plugging into the HVR-1600 and all of a sudden it was blasting again. Dunno if this has to do with it being the second card installed or that on board takes over external plugged in. Another thing I noticed, and I'll still have to play with it more, is that the HD-PVR channels are considered analog with the default frequency as 0 but a channel # listed. It knows to zap the box via this channel number. Analog channels from the HVR-1600 are, of course, also listed as analog but with a frequency and a channel matching where it has to be tuned on the card. As I was playing with switching back and forth between HD-PVR channels and HVR-1600 analog channels, it sometimes would blast the STB when I was changing analog channels on the HVR-1600 but then would switch over to the HVR-1600 and tune it in. Almost like it was getting confused as to which it should be doing.

I'm going to say to take the analog accidental switching with a grain of salt as I'm still matching clearQAM, analog, and HD-PVR channels together to get SchedulesDirect to correct the line-up. I'll post more info as I have it available.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    New version built against 1.01 SVN

Well, my suspicions were correct - something in the latest SVN(s) broke the configuration side of this plugin, although it appears if you already had it set up and working it still worked.

Since the author attached his source I rebuilt this plugin against the latest SVN, all credit to the original author of course, I just cleaned and rebuilt it. I am probably going to take a look at dual blaster setups though since there are many folks who own two HDPVRs or other dual Hauppauge setups like me.

New plugin attached.

Attachments

• ServerBlaster_latestsvn.rar
      14 KB

geeps

Portal Member
    February 14, 2007
    Johannesburg
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hello,

Has anyone tested this with version 1.0.1 yet? I am upgrading today so thought I would check just in case I run into trouble.

Thanks,
    Geeps

Biggles69

Portal Member
    April 7, 2008
    Nelson
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, my suspicions were correct - something in the latest SVN(s) broke the configuration side of this plugin, although it appears if you already had it set up and working it still worked.

Since the author attached his source I rebuilt this plugin against the latest SVN, all credit to the original author of course, I just cleaned and rebuilt it. I am probably going to take a look at dual blaster setups though since there are many folks who own two HDPVRs or other dual Hauppauge setups like me.

New plugin attached.

:D you should get this added to the plugins download section, works great with 1.0.2

Keneo

Portal Pro
    August 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    :D you should get this added to the plugins download section, works great with 1.0.2

I am using MP 1.0.2.0 (This was my first install of MP. No previous versions ever installed)

I cannot get it working.
    Am I missing some steps ?
    I downloaded ixian's revised version of ralphy's ServerBlaster.dll and placed it in the plugin folder.
    I enabled it in the TV server configuration plugins. I then selected Hauppauge.

So, what now? How do I indicate I want to use the blaster for changing channels?
    I tried editing one of the channels to use the S-video input, but the blaster did not do anything when I changed to that channel.

Later on, I was setting up an unrelated plugin in the MP client configuration (advanced view). There, I stumbled upon what is apparently the client-side Hauppauge Blaster plugin interface. I haven't seen any mention of it anywhere before. But I enabled it. As far as I can tell, nothing seems to have changed.

Keneo

Portal Pro
    August 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Also, can someone tell me where I can get my hands on the source code for the modified serverblaster. Or at least the proper command line syntax for blastcfg.

The original post says the source was included. But I couldn't find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom