Various questions (2 Viewers)

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Sorry, I just took a quick look and saw that the server log ends with the "needs to be merged" entry on a subtitle and assumed its related to the rollback command.

I didn't saw the zip error (can't check it right now) but if the server log continues after it, then I think it's not responsible for the server crash.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Sorry, I just took a quick look and saw that the server log ends with the "needs to be merged" entry on a subtitle and assumed its related to the rollback command.
    No need to be sorry, I was just asking if you had seen something I hadn't. ;)

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    I didn't saw the zip error (can't check it right now) but if the server log continues after it, then I think it's not responsible for the server crash.
    Hmm, thought I had deleted all zip files. I will check again!
    EDIT
    Yes, I have deleted all zip files in the source folders, so there should not be any zip files there.
    EDIT 2
    And it seems to have stopped again around 88%

Last edited:

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I made a change to the importer so "Needs to be merged" errors should no longer occur during import. They can still happen during refresh if there is no matching video file.

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    I made a change to the importer so "Needs to be merged" errors should no longer occur during import. They can still happen during refresh if there is no matching video file.
    OK, lets speak to raffe as he was a noob (and he is a MP2 noob ;) ) Should I run a plugin update, as we did with MP1, or are we talking about the next version of MP2? We are looking at about 11 days of me trying to get my movies to import (not even started with TV series yet, around 400 TV-series and 10000 episodes), so I can wait to the next version if that one likes my stuff more :)

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    OK, lets speak to raffe as he was a noob (and he is a MP2 noob ;-) ) Should I run a plugin update, as we did with MP1, or are we talking about the next version of MP2?
    It was more targeted at the other guys. ;)
    It will be part of the 2.1.1 update that will be released at some point.

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    It will be part of the 2.1.1 update that will be released at some point.
    OK, maybe it is better I will wait to then before I try again to go from MP1 to MP2. But the good part is that I now have a better feeling of MP2, and I think I actually (maybe, I have not even started a movie yet, tried subtitles, trailers etc.) like it. Well done everyone! (y)
    And thanks for all kind help :love: (you could have ripped my head of, but you did not. You are cool :cool: )

Last edited:

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    OK, maybe it is better I will wait to then before I try again to go from MP1 to MP2
    I'm not so sure that that release will fix your issues. At the end of the log there are some timeouts when analyzing mkv files which are not affected by ny mentioned changes.

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    I am quite sure most of my mkv files are OK. MP1 (since many many years) and Plex (since a few years) have no problems with them. But I think that even it they would be faulty, MP2 should not crash but instead skip strange files and in the end give a report about problems, so they can be checked in a controlled way. Otherwise it is to many files to manually "check to be MP2 compatible". Maybe check with MovingPictures (MP1 plugin) how they can handle all the files without problems?

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I am quite sure most of my mkv files are OK
    I'm not implying that they are, just that the analysis of them could be the cause of the hang.
    Sorry I didn't read the post from the start so I missed the part about you having deleted your zip files.

Maybe it could be network related? Are you using WiFi? The below log entries seem to indicate that something is taking a long time.
    Code:
    Media item 8d6d0220-6da7-47f3-9b1e-9d60592851af with name 9 (2009) (Ice.Age.Collision.Course.2016.(5.7AnimationAdventureComedy).720p.BluRay.x264-DRONES.tt3416828.mkv) added/updated (134816 ms)
    MatroskaInfoReader.ReadTags: External process aborted due to timeout: Executable='C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\MatroskaLib\mkvextract.exe', Arguments='tags "\\192.168.222.247\Public\Filer\_Film_o_Musik\_Filmer\The.Raid.2.2014.(8.5ActionCrimeThriller).BDRip.(English&Indonesian.audio,English.text).x264-GECKOS.tt2265171.mkv"'
    I don't know how much of the mkv file mkvinfo.exe needs for analysis. Does anybody know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom