Various questions (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have waited over one hour, should I wait more? Maybe the client has hung? Or the server?
    From what we have seen internally it's the server importer process that gets stucked. A server restart is needed, which you can perform from the client's taskbar in the server monitor context menu: stop the server from there, wait until the icon turns red and then start it again from the context menu.

As it stands zipped movie files are not always correctly processed.

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    It was not possible to stop or start it from the context menu. I had to kill the process from Task manager, after that I could start the service again from the context menu. After that I could click ReImport, and I get now an indication in front of the clock and after FilmerRip
    7J6Z5QI.jpg

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    It was not possible to stop or start it from the context menu. I had to kill the process from Task manager, after that I could start the service again from the context menu. After that I could click ReImport, and I get now an indication in front of the clock and after FilmerRip
    7J6Z5QI.jpg
    EDIT
    It seemed to work well :)

Now I will try a bigger one, this next folder has about 890 movies...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It seems like it got stuck at 92%. Maybe a server reset?
    Last log entry at 19:56
    Media item 8d6d0220-6da7-47f3-9b1e-9d60592851af with name 9 (2009) (Ice.Age.Collision.Course.2016.(5.7AnimationAdventureComedy).720p.BluRay.x264-DRONES.tt3416828.mkv) added/updated (134816 ms)
    Nothing after that, so it looks as if the service died. But the behavior is different than before and I have no idea what is happening. Try restarting the "MP2 Server Service" under Windows/Services and check if the import continues or at least if the files read are accessible from the client.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    @raffe
    Could you please check windows event log? Are there any errors around 19:56? If so, could you please post the message from the error.

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    @raffe
    Could you please check windows event log? Are there any errors around 19:56? If so, could you please post the message from the error.
    Sorry, life came between :whistle: I cant' see anything happening att all in the Windows logs from 19:47 to 19:57.

It has been on until now. Again, I can't stop it from context menu, in services it says "stopping". So I kill the process, after that I can start it from the context menu. After that I click on ReImport (right now at 86%) and create the log file attached here.

EDIT
    Seems like it worked. Now I will try with the last but biggest movie folder, about 1700 movies.
    EDIT2
    Of course Windows needs to be restarted right now, but this time I can stop MP2 from context menu before I restart and update the computer...

Last edited:

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    and it ends with "needs to be merged"...
    Code:
    [2017-05-12 22:23:06,401] [29992245] [251      ] [INFO ] - Media item  with name Chennai Express (2013) (Chennai.Express.(2013).(6.0ActionComedyRomance).720p.BluRay.x264.Hindi.AAC-Ozlem.tt2112124.English.srt) cannot be saved. Needs to be merged (50 ms)

Could you please check now the event log and post the error message?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If there is nothing there I will be surprised!!!
    I counted 100 of these cannot be saved. Needs to be merged errors and was only thru HALF of the server log....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom