VC-1 playback in Fullscreen (1 Viewer)

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
If your file is *.ts and you have problem to play it in MP, it can be MediaPortal TS splitter too. You can try a little trick - install Haali media Splitter, rename your *.ts to *.mkv and try it again.

Ok, when I play the vc-1.ts file in MPC, everything works perfect. MPC uses AC3filter and for decoding vc-1 it uses wmv9. The splitter is Haali Media Splitter. This combination works great!
Now with MP...AC3filter is selected, wmv9 for vc-1 can't be selected (??? :s ), in fact, nothing can be chosen for vc-1 in MP.
I know the combination that works: Haali + AC3filter + WMV9.
How can I make this work in MP??
:D

EDIT:
Yes,Yes, Yes Hoborg!!! :D
It IS a bug in Mediaportal TS splitter!! If I rename the planetearth.1080p.dd.dualaudio.vc-1.ts file to planetearth.1080p.dd.dualaudio.vc-1.mkv it works in MP!! :D Just like you said. As I understand it now, this is caused by the mediaportal ts splitter, right :( ?

EDIT EDIT:
Devs, do you want me to try and make a separate playback bugreport about this or is the info in this thread sufficient?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
If your file is *.ts and you have problem to play it in MP, it can be MediaPortal TS splitter too. You can try a little trick - install Haali media Splitter, rename your *.ts to *.mkv and try it again.

Ok, when I play the vc-1.ts file in MPC, everything works perfect. MPC uses AC3filter and for decoding vc-1 it uses wmv9. The splitter is Haali Media Splitter. This combination works great!
Now with MP...AC3filter is selected, wmv9 for vc-1 can't be selected (??? :s ), in fact, nothing can be chosen for vc-1 in MP.
I know the combination that works: Haali + AC3filter + WMV9.
How can I make this work in MP??
:D

EDIT:
Yes,Yes, Yes Hoborg!!! :D
It IS a bug in Mediaportal TS splitter!! If I rename the planetearth.1080p.dd.dualaudio.vc-1.ts file to planetearth.1080p.dd.dualaudio.vc-1.mkv it works in MP!! :D Just like you said. As I understand it now, this is caused by the mediaportal ts splitter, right :( ?

EDIT EDIT:
Devs, do you want me to try and make a separate playback bugreport about this or is the info in this thread sufficient?

I know that :)

No need to create new one, here it is:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...t-work-internal-tsreader-ax-45208/#post305001

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

...I'm not sure it's the same bug...I record everything in .ts format and never had any trouble...my .ts recordings in the recordings section work all fine...also, when I copy one of my .ts recordings to the movies section,it still works.

So it's not that i can't play .ts files, just not the one i mentioned earlier. That one i can only play if i rename to .mkv (and thus not use the mediaportal ts splitter).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Where those VC-1 encoded video (.ts) files are coming from? Does some broadcaster send those? At least planetearth.1080p.dd.dualaudio.vc-1.ts sounds like a blu-ray / HD DVD rip :)

If some broadcaster indeed does use VC-1 then we should add support in TsReader for that video format in 1.0.1.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok, I understand that I need a h264 codec to decode h264 content and that I need a good mpeg2 decoder to play all mpeg2 without any issues.

So with that in mind: I have AC3filter and Powerdvd8 codecs installed (and MPA/MPV). Not really "very poor filters", wouldn't you say?
    I have them both selected in MP. Now, if WMP, MPC, PowerDVD and MP are all doing the same thing as you're saying, why do they all give me different results?
    One question is which splitter is used. if the file is a *.ts then in MediaPortal TsReader will be used to "load the file and split it into video and audio streams".

This then is MP specific.
    Someone allready mentioned that if your file is *.ts and it does not play in MP, then rename it to *.mkv so when you play it inside MP the Haali Splitter will be used instead of TsReader. :)

*edit*
    did not see tourettes post... until now. :)

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Where those VC-1 encoded video (.ts) files are coming from? Does some broadcaster send those? At least planetearth.1080p.dd.dualaudio.vc-1.ts sounds like a blu-ray / HD DVD rip :)

If some broadcaster indeed does use VC-1 then we should add support in TsReader for that video format in 1.0.1.

I guess you know Fanxy@Silu rips. This group is widely known and brings out most of the HD rips.
    You can find a lot of HD material from them just by googling for them.
    I understand that you can't support every possible form of encoding by any small group or person, but they are quite the standard for HD rips on the web to be honest.

So there must be something to Haali splitter that can handle these files, and tsreader can't. Maybe by comparing the code of tsreader and haali splitter, it can be figured out what has to change in order to handle these files too?

EDIT: Is it possible to let haali splitter also handle .ts files instead of the tsreader?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom