Version 0.2.0.1 beta (1 Viewer)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Problem with gapless Payback in some cases!

Hello Symphy!

After converting to single .flac, there is a problem with gapless Playback in some cases: A short Humming (the same, i written above) between the Tracks ca. 1/2 second! No matter, if i convert to .flac, .ape or .mp3 - a short humming!
    I attach my Eac-profile!

Best Regards
    Helios

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello Symphy!

After converting to single .flac, there is a problem with gapless Playback in some cases: A short Humming (the same, i written above) between the Tracks ca. 1/2 second! No matter, if i convert to .flac, .ape or .mp3 - a short humming!
    I attach my Eac-profile!

Best Regards
    Helios

Apparently your humming is not what i had in mind :)
    • Does this occur randomly or always between the same tracks?
    • Are you sure gapless mode is enabled? With the 'G' key you can toggle between gapless and normal (with 0.5 sec gap). The icon in the 'My music' screen shows what mode is currently active. In the plugin config you can set the startup default.
    • Is 1024 the maximum latency you can set? The higher the better, in our case anyway.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Symphy!
    Apparently your humming is not what i had in mind :)
    :)

Does this occur randomly or always between the same tracks?
    Always!

Are you sure gapless mode is enabled? With the 'G' key you can toggle between gapless and normal (with 0.5 sec gap). The icon in the 'My music' screen shows what mode is currently active. In the plugin config you can set the startup default.
    Yep, is enabled!

Is 1024 the maximum latency you can set? The higher the better, in our case anyway.
    With 2048 latency TV Sound doesn't work, only AC3 with ACFilter!

Best Regards
    Helios

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Does this occur randomly or always between the same tracks?
    Always!
    Could you upload 2 tracks between wich this occurs? Not sure what kind of humming you mean.

Is 1024 the maximum latency you can set? The higher the better, in our case anyway.
    With 2048 latency TV Sound doesn't work, only AC3 with ACFilter!
    Weird, but not much we can change about that then... I was assuming that latency setting was the asio buffersize, but i quess it's not the same thing.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    helios,
    Cant find anything unusual about the files you sent me. They play perfectly on my HTPC with nothing inbetween the tracks. One thing you can try: Configure the plugin to use standard directsound device instead of ASIO and see if the problem is gone.

On my develop machine gapless playback does not work perfectly either with ASIO. There's always some kind of 'hickup' inbetween the tracks. Because on my HTPC this problem never occurs, i always assumed it's the cheap onboard device driven by ASIO4ALL causing this. With directsound everything works fine. Maybe you have exactly the same problem and its not my cheap onboard device?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Symphy!

Maybe you have exactly the same problem and its not my cheap onboard device?

Yes, i think so! I've made a few more Tests with the first two Tracks fo the Album Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Pictures At An Exhibition!

Configured with standard directsound device -> No Humming

Playback in Foobar2000 v0.0.9.5.5 - No humming, everything works fine!

First I thought., that this issue occurs only with a few Live-Albums, but it occurs in all of them; It depends on how is the volume of the transition of the Tracks. And there is not a break between the Tracks, gapless Playback works. It seems, that the short Humming is kind of Overlay! :confused::confused:

Best Regards
    Helios

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello Symphy!

Maybe you have exactly the same problem and its not my cheap onboard device?

Yes, i think so! I've made a few more Tests with the first two Tracks fo the Album Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Pictures At An Exhibition!

Configured with standard directsound device -> No Humming

Playback in Foobar2000 v0.0.9.5.5 - No humming, everything works fine!

First I thought., that this issue occurs only with a few Live-Albums, but it occurs in all of them; It depends on how is the volume of the transition of the Tracks. And there is not a break between the Tracks, gapless Playback works. It seems, that the short Humming is kind of Overlay! :confused::confused:

Best Regards
    Helios

Yep i'm pretty sure its the same thing as i have on my devmachine... I'm afraid this is gonna be a nasty problem to solve... but will try anyway.

In the meantime i have finally found the cause of the DTS forward/pause problem (am 95% sure this time!), so there is still hope :)

Thanx again for all the testing work!

mark1234

Portal Member
    October 8, 2007
    Symphy,

I also think there is a problem with this new version of the plugin.
    Let me first tell me my configuration.

I use my motherboard's onboard Realtek SPDIF and connect via an optical
    cable to my receiver. I do not use an asio driver. I only play flac files
    with the plugin.

In the PurAudio Configuration, I have two options for setting the PureAudio Output Device

1. Default Sound Device
    2. Digital Output Device (SPDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)

When I select "1. Default Sound Device", everything is ok. The sound is perfect.

When I select option 2 for the output device (SPDIF), then the sound is not 100% ok.
    There is a problem with the sound from the right speaker. The music in the right
    speaker is not as loud as it is on the left speaker. Especially the vocals are
    not as loud on the right speaker as they are on the left speaker. It is a bit hard to
    hear (my wife does not hear it), but it's not correct.

The previous version (0.1.3) of the plugin did not
    have this problem. Perhaps you could do a "code diff" between these versions in order to
    get a clue what is going on?

Of course, the Default Sound Device is ok and I will use that from now on.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yep i'm pretty sure its the same thing as i have on my devmachine... I'm afraid this is gonna be a nasty problem to solve... but will try anyway.

Tried, and looks like i found it. Because i had to make some fundamental changes, i need to do some more testing. Plan is to release a new beta version coming weekend or so.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The previous version (0.1.3) of the plugin did not
    have this problem. Perhaps you could do a "code diff" between these versions in order to
    get a clue what is going on?

Lots of things have changed... Could you check if that problem also exists on 0.1.4.0 and 0.2.0.0?
    Also, logfiles may help. One for each device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom