Version 0.2.8.5 for MP 1.21 (1 Viewer)

LennyW

Portal Pro
July 19, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
I will give it a try as soon as I can. Does it work with MP1.21 only or would you expect it to work with previous versions, too?
I think that the sound with WASAPI (Intel chip, WIN7) is not as "clear" as it was when I have used Pureaudio. Is this even possible? I have connected the HTPC by HDMI to a YAMAHA sourround receiver,

Best regards
LennyW

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will give it a try as soon as I can. Does it work with MP1.21 only or would you expect it to work with previous versions, too?

Haven't tested it against other versions, so i don't know... Nothing changed really, just a rebuild against the updated MP dlls.

I think that the sound with WASAPI (Intel chip, WIN7) is not as "clear" as it was when I have used Pureaudio. Is this even possible? I have connected the HTPC by HDMI to a YAMAHA sourround receiver,

Have you been using PureAudio with that same setup? HDMI audio connections seem to be suffering from jitter.

LennyW

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The setup was different, because my HTPC had a different chip (AMD) and a seperate graphics card at this time. Connection has been HDMI all the time.

Best regards
    LennyW

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In theory WASAPI should perform equal to ASIO, especially in exclusive mode.

Thing is, you never know for sure how drivers and hardware are exactly engineered, and you never know for sure if some sort of resampling is being done somehwere in the chain. In my opinion the best recipe is still a dedicated PCI audiocard targeted towards musicians.

In your case the test is simple: play a file containing DTS encoded material through MP and see if the reciever recognises that. If that works, the signal is not altered in any way.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello @Symphy
    Can you provide the asio file, i found only the asio. 2.3 sdk, not the sdk2.2.
    Thank

Envoyé de mon LG-H870S en utilisant Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread