Version number (1 Viewer)

jake78

Portal Pro
July 30, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
How can I read the version number of Mediaportal from my plugin - major, minor and SVN?

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
I don't think that SVN build numbers are available from the assemblies at the moment but to get the additional info you can do the following:

Code:
using System.Reflection;

Version version = Assembly.GetEntryAssembly().GetName().Version;

Cheers,
Smirnuff.

jake78

Portal Pro
July 30, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks for the quick reply...

It reurns 0.0.0.0, even when I check properties of mediaportal.exe it says 0.0.0.0.

I'm running 0.2.0.0 plus the stable patch

That might be why some received the message that a newer version is already installed when trying to upgrade from RC4.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Code:
string version = System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["version"];
This returns the version information string.

For 0.2.0.0 release (and self-compiled versions) it returns: "0.2.0.0"

For SVN builds before this post it returns: "0.2.0.0$CVS-10.07.2006-12:01:41,55"

For the next SVN builds it returns: "0.2.0.0-SVN-10.07.2006-12:01:41,55-Build 1234"

version-SVN-compiledate-compiletime-svnbuildversion

Time/Date are CET/CEST (although always stated in log/splash as CET to make things easier).

If you compile on your own there is no way to differ between a release and SVN version. Only official team SVN builds get tagged.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
The "stable patch" version also returns "0.2.0.0" at the moment, which is unfortunately wrong. It should be "0.2.0.1", this will be changed in the next "stable patch". Most likely the next "stable patch" version will return "0.2.0.2", the current one will remain as it is.

jake78

Portal Pro
July 30, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
This worked great... thanks!

But shouldn't the version number in the mediaportal.exe property also show the 0.2.0.0 string?

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
In theory yes. But we're not using that property at the moment, it would make automated (scripted) nightly SVN builds a bit more complicated and would cost our admin High some sleepless nights, i bet. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread