very slow menu cycling after using f9 / or "i" button on remote to open it (2 Viewers)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i do have the same problems, but it doesnt matter which kind of videorelated media i play back. it happens for xvid, x264 even tv and recordings, and as soon as the video is stopped (i dont need to skip in the video to reproduce) overlays like context menues or the miniepg is reacting on keypresses with a 2 - 3 sec.delay.

The Gui has normal speed again as soon as i start playing some video again by the way. (only until i stop it again though)

Exactly the same for me, and I'm sure its not my specs or config, I've even installed MP fresh with no changes to the defaults and it happens.
    our htpc's are heaviely used every day (especialy now because both kids are ill).
    TV is watched, mpg's, ts-files, avi's (xvid, divx), mkv's are watched the whole day. and there is absolutely no sign of a slowdown in the gui-response.

furthermore, if this issues is so easy to reproduce for some of you, why has noone created proper logs yet?????

1. start -> programms -> mediaportal -> MediaPortal Debug
    2. reproduce that issue
    3. close MP
    4. then attach the exported log.zip
    everything else is a waste of time here

LakisFM1

April 6, 2008
    Here's mine (Sis Mirage chipset).

When i play a video and go back to 'My videos' menu the system and picture-in-picture goes very slow and screen keeps refreshing/blanking

When i go to -the 'Main Menu ' video picture-in-picture plays fine , so i think there is something wrong only with the 'My Videos' menu.

Going back to full screen playback plays ok.

bug2. The scrolling speed in menu is very speedy in my mouse (have put in min. value)

3.It would be nice to be aple to play non-stop a directory of videoclips ..... i can only play one video at a time :(

keep up the good work.

Kingmob

Portal Pro
    August 27, 2007
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I got the same problem (slowdown unless a video or TV is playing in the background). Got 8600GT, so it definitely points to that direction. Will try and append some logs in a few days, can't do it now.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have the same problem. Even If I watch only a few minutes of TV or Video, then I go to My Video and the scrolling through the overlay menu is terrilbly slow (it blocks, then goes on, blocks, and so on). I also use a Monochrome (Indigo) like ski, will try to use bluetwo to see if the problems happens too. I'm also using vista 32 bit and had no problem under XP. The strange thing is that if I play a video or enter TV everything is fine again.

IN the meantime here are my logs. Hope you can do something this is really frustrating.

Update: this also happens with bluetwo so no skin related...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Guys, make sure that MP is not losing the focus (for example DIVX codec's tray icon / application does that by default settings... shame on those guys :)) MP's rendering engine will slow down a lot when the focus is lost (this is intentionally).

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Guys, make sure that MP is not losing the focus (for example DIVX codec's tray icon / application does that by default settings... shame on those guys :)) MP's rendering engine will slow down a lot when the focus is lost (this is intentionally).

I don't think this is the problem because it only happens when I'm not playing any video and with overlay menu (scrolling through the list of video in myvideo works perfectly, as soon as I pop up the menu I have the problem). If i'm playing a video in the background no problem...

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!
    I came across that issue on one of my rigs as well. It's now in mantis and probably fixed for some/most people with today's SVN build.

If your system remains slow then please check whether normal keyboard input makes MP react faster.

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    I too have this issue. It happens on both my htpc's, one is a 780G mobo using onboard video, and the other is an older nforce4 mobo with 7600GT v/card. The 780G uses a dvico mce remote, the nforce4 uses the microsoft mce remote. It has happpened for quite a while, through several versions of mp, currently using RC2 on both.

I note the very slow response time (several seconds lag between key presses) in context menus like in the title of this thread, not in any of the share views in My Videos / My Music, etc. I also notice it in the SMS / keyboard input window used by plugins like Globalsearch anf MyFilms search function.

I cannot confirm yet whether it is always related to video playback, as I only ever notice it after some time (several days), and both machines get quite a workout. One machine gets regular S3 standby / resume, the other is always on. A stand-by and resume cycle does not fix the problem, but a re-start of mp always does.

I have never tried the SVN's, maybe I should give it a go and see if it fixes the bug. I would love to see a fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom