[fixed] Video and sound syncronisation (1 Viewer)

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Re: AW: Video and sound syncronisation

The issue you describe is a typical codec issue, you might check the used codec via graphstudio and change the preferance in the settings (I can recommend LAV video codec).

I couldn't connect with graphstudio for some reason, but at least i confirmed that jump is a lot better with lav video codec compared to MS codec and working like it should :D

btw. pretty cool to use those effects to pixelate movie, make it B/W, zoom blur etc. lol. :D

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Video and sound syncronisation

Hi Morpheus,
    However, I noticed that the playback of BluRays is broken. It seems like something with the graphbuilding doesn't work anymore. The dev-branch at the beginning of this week still worked so it seems to have something to do with the changes you...
    :D
    I found the source of this issue: the BDHandler was missing the reference to the MD extractor. In local navigation this was not noticed, because the MD extractor was already loaded (due to browsing folders). In opposite to the server mode, where a MediaItem is returned from the library.

Issue is fixed in dev...

Edit:
    A question, how long does it take to start the playback of a remote BD-ISO file? with a "folder only" version of "The A-Team" it takes 4 min to load/parse hundreds of playlist/clipfinfo files?

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re: AW: Video and sound syncronisation

Thanks for reporting back!

The issue you describe is a typical codec issue, you might check the used codec via graphstudio and change the preferance in the settings (I can recommend LAV video codec).

The flicker fix is not part of the DEV branch, I will set this topic to "resolved" now :)

More than one year and the longest topic in the MP2 "life" for now, and now closed! What a great news! I just say "Champagne" !!!

Many thanks Morpheus for your hard work on this, and once again, many thanks to everyone who helped us testing all version summited.

:D:D:D:D:D

Smeulf.

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Hi Everybody,

I just tested the latest Flicker-Fix on my main htpc, which still has an old NVidia 6600GT. I didn't see a single flicker or stutter in more than one hour of intensive testing with various formats (dvd-isos, avis, etc.). So :D a lot, this seems to be perfect.

I will replace my NVidia 6600GT tomorrow with my new ATI 6670 passive (made by sapphire) :D. I will test again with this ati in the same htpc and report back (hopefully for the last time regarding this problem).

btw: I didn't find the flicker-fix-branch anymore - has this already been merged into dev-branch?

Thanks again for you hard work!
    Michael

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Ok, I tested several files on both, my laptop with an Intel Mobile 4 series express gpu and my main htpc with its newly installed passively cooled AMD 6670. On both rigs there is no more stuttering or flickering!

Thanks so much you guys are awsome!

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom