VideoEditor - Edit your recordings within MP! (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have notified the powers that be, about some major issues with this plugin and it will be looked at, one of the problems is ts HD files not being treated correctly, so Graham, hopefully there should be a fix in the near future.

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Paranoid Delusion,

I'm not using this Plugin for editing, but rather Windows Movie Maker as you have suggested. I'm on Vista Home Premium and recording a 1080i channel in "ts" format which seems to preview OK within WMM, but when I cut a piece of the video and publish it, it only seems to play a portion of the full picture. This is the case in Windows Media Player, Nero and Media Portal.

Are you recording in ts format from a 1080i channel and using WMM to edit OK?

Also, I seem to have trouble recording in MPEG format when selected in TVS - it just keeps recording in TS format - any ideas?

Cheers

Graham

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Paranoid Delusion,

I have researched Windows Movie Maker tonight and came across Windows Movie Maker HD where they talked about publishing outputs under "more settings" which were more extensive than the WMA (which are the only formats that I have available) Do you know anything about WMM HD? What outputs do you have available.

I'm thinking that I can preview the file in full screen in the version I have loaded with Vista Home Edition (Version 6) after cutting it, but the published view is cut down so it has to be to do with the output surely.

Any help on this appreciated.

Regards

Graham

iancalderban

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2008
    milton keynes
    Home Country
    cut tv disapeared from recorded list

Hi,

I just used this plugin for the first time to cut the pre- and post- record time off a recorded BBCHD broadcast. as an experiment really, but if it works I will do so for all my library to cut down on storage etc.

the cutting worked fine and I am left with a file that is the right length with the right content. it plays fine from the "videos" section of mediaportal.

however it has now vanished from the listed programs in "TV-recorded TV".
    the filename is exactly the same as it was before.

if I go into tv server configuration and try to go to the "recording settings->database import" I don't have any files listed to import. how do I get the cut file to still show in the recorded tv list (with its xml program info etc.)?

I also have one or two recorded tv files from a previous "instance" of mediaportal (when I rebuild, I rebuild MP but leave the recorded tv untouched as its on a different disk) that also don't show in the listing but are also not available for import.

any ideas?
    Ian

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Ian,

I have been looking for a good tool to cut up my HD recordings. In New Zealand they are 1080i format.

What format are they in the UK. I notice Paranoid Delusion mentioned he did not have HD, but he is in the UK??

Cheers

Graham

Hi All,

I finally managed to get this Video Editing tool going within Media Portal and it's great - just what I needed. Feel like a bit of a drip as all I needed to do was activate it within Media Portal Configuration.

Cheers

Graham

iancalderban

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2008
    milton keynes
    Home Country
    Hi Ian,

I have been looking for a good tool to cut up my HD recordings. In New Zealand they are 1080i format.

What format are they in the UK. I notice Paranoid Delusion mentioned he did not have HD, but he is in the UK??

there are two "air" based digital tv sources in the UK. digital terrestrial which has no HD service as yet and is DVB-T . digital satellite has various HD channels - BBCHD (DVB-S) is free to air and broadcasts 24/7 (although during the day its only a preview) and for those with pay tv subscriptions there are a number of HD channels provided by sky (of which some are DVB-S2). so PD probably doesn't have a satellite feed.

BBCHD is 1080i.

I've run a number of cuts on BBCHD recordings with this video edit plugin tool - for recordings that are clean, it "just works".
    Ian

bopfrog

Portal Pro
    August 20, 2008
    Bay of Plenty
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have been using MP since mid last year and have always had some problems with the editing plugin - seems to work but when I play back cut movies sections are missed, sound plays but video freezes where there was a cut. So will give WMM a try too. Cheers. Was using RC3 - have now installed MP 1 (for third time). Will try again with editing.

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi All,

I have been using this editor to "slice up" some recorded music videos on C4 over here in New Zealand which is broadcast in 1080i. I'm recording these in "ts" format through my Nova 500-T Card.

The editor is fantastic and just what I'm after, however when I play these back through the "My Videos" playlsits, some of the songs will freeze up on the last frame and not move to the next song. The picture is never clear and often just a colour e.g. a lime green. I notice that the play counter (greyed in the background) continues to count, but not from the count at the end of the clip e.g. say the clip is 3:48 long, it will freeze and then count from say 22:50 for example.

I have tried re-cutting the clip and it happens again, so I'm not sure if it's something to do with the Music Video? It has happened on a few.

Any ideas on this one?? I'm keen to build up a collection for my birthday party and the last thing I want to have to do is manually advancing to the next clip!!

Cheers

Graham

Miocardio

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Have been using MP since mid last year and have always had some problems with the editing plugin - seems to work but when I play back cut movies sections are missed, sound plays but video freezes where there was a cut. So will give WMM a try too. Cheers. Was using RC3 - have now installed MP 1 (for third time). Will try again with editing.

Sorry for my english.
    I have the same problem with MP 1.0 no svn.
    The cut seems work.I can select the pieces and then start the elaboration, which will regularly.
    But the video display in dark or blocked, I think the first frame and the sound that goes' forward.
    VLC work with cut file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom