VideoEditor - Edit your recordings within MP! (2 Viewers)

gperkinson

Portal Pro
October 28, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello All,

Can anybody offer any advice to this problem below please.

All I'm after is to ensure my video playlist plays from one song to the next.

Thanks

Graham

Hi All,

I have been using this editor to "slice up" some recorded music videos on C4 over here in New Zealand which is broadcast in 1080i. I'm recording these in "ts" format through my Nova 500-T Card.

The editor is fantastic and just what I'm after, however when I play these back through the "My Videos" playlsits, some of the songs will freeze up on the last frame and not move to the next song. The picture is never clear and often just a colour e.g. a lime green. I notice that the play counter (greyed in the background) continues to count, but not from the count at the end of the clip e.g. say the clip is 3:48 long, it will freeze and then count from say 22:50 for example.

I have tried re-cutting the clip and it happens again, so I'm not sure if it's something to do with the Music Video? It has happened on a few.

Any ideas on this one?? I'm keen to build up a collection for my birthday party and the last thing I want to have to do is manually advancing to the next clip!!

Cheers

Graham

gperkinson

Portal Pro
October 28, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Could not have been closer in the cricket!! Oh well, made for a great game anyhow!!

Not sure whether there is log file on Video Editor, however I will take a look anyhow. I think it's more about how the Video Editor cuts the frames and also interesting about how the counter continues after it freezes.

Regards

Graham

gperkinson

Portal Pro
October 28, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi All,

My issue above of not being able to move to the next track in a Video Playlist after using Video Editor to cut Music Videos in "TS" file format seems to have been solved if I use another codec. I have been using CoreAVC, I then tried ffdshow without sucess, but PowerDVD8 appears to solve the issue.

Any ideas why this would be? Are there settings in the other Codec's that I may not have set correctly? I have tried disabling the deinterlacing on CoreAVC and that made on difference - the recordings I edited on Video Editor were from a broadcast in 1080i format.

Any help on the above appreciated.

Great that I can now play

Cheers

Graham

gperkinson

Portal Pro
October 28, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
All.

One other issue I have encountered since replacing one of my hard disks (it died) is that MP crashes when cutting a video clip - I seem to be able to select the start and end, but it crashes after selecting "Cut". If I leave it, it finishes fine and I simply go out of MP and close the crash window, but very annoying.

The disk that crashed was a data disk, so independant of my operating system disk.

I notice this issue has come up a few posts back without resolution.

Cheers

Graham

PS: will post log files about both my issues above

PSS: I notice when using PowerDVD8 codec, I seem to be able to move from one clip to another for most in a playlist, so it sounds codec related?

gperkinson

Portal Pro
October 28, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Video Editor Crash While Cutting

Hi All,

Please see attached log files from Media Portal crash when cutting video refering to my above problem.

Cheers

Graham

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For people who are using latest svn or MP1.0.1 upcoming release, there is a new MP config option provided by Ambass.

A picture always says more than words so,

sshot-22.jpg

Please try enabling the TSReader option, this can have multiple improvements, so please test both, being enabled against disabled, hopefully your experience is as good as mine and the first option wins.

This is posted here as it fixed a problem with Video Editor for me.

Regards

striscio

September 14, 2008
    Sorry for my english.
    I have the same problem with MP 1.0 no svn.
    The cut seems work.I can select the pieces and then start the elaboration, which will regularly.
    But the video display in dark or blocked, I think the first frame and the sound that goes' forward.
    VLC work with cut file.

Same problem here. Cutting works, but I can only play edited files via VLC. WMP and mediaportal show black screen and the sound is right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom