VideoLAN external player plugin (1 Viewer)

crusoli

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I tried playing a video after disabling all plugins but movingpicture. The error still remains. As I said it might be some sort of scaling problem. There is one pixel of video in the upper left corner. The rest of the sreen remains black though. I'm running 1280x720 if that information helps you.
Testing the player in the configuration tab works fine (see screenshot). But it says the video is much longer than it actually is (the player position should be at about one minute in the screenshot).
I've attached the new logs.

Attachments

• vlc2.jpg
    vlc2.jpg
    54.3 KB

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    hmm sorry, I can't see more what happens for you.

You have default vlc options.

The only difference is movingpicture, may you try without it, please ?

Also, a mediastream problem :

2008-12-17 13:11:24.437500 [ERROR][MPMain]: Unable to start plugin:MediaStream.MediaStream exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    bei MediaStream.MediaStream.Start()
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.Start()

VLC works with this Video Renderer settings (take a look at the picture).

Regards.

Attachments

• zz.JPG
      zz.JPG
      54.1 KB

crusoli

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @cboury
    I have no idea what you changed in that plugin version but at least the issue with the black screen is gone now. Tanks!
    It shows video as it should but the fucked up controls still remain. No matter whether I disable or enable plugins or change the skin it does not pause the video when I press SPACE and when I want to skip forward it shows no OSD but jumps a few seconds and quits playing one scond later.
    Here are the logs. What I did was start MediaPortal, go to MovingPictures, the I started the video. After that I pressed ESC and went back to fullscreen again. Then I tried to pause the video (unsuccessfully) and after that I skipped forward (which resulted in a crashing of the player). Then I quit MediaPortal.

framug
    My renderer settings are exactly the same as in your screenshot.

lopez.tuparles

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 20, 2006
    Mimet
    Hi,
    I correct the black screen, i don't know why but it seems that the video GUI, sometimes, is not set when the plugin start reading. I add a control and set it fullscreen when it isn't set. the log i add confim that.

about the control, it's on the way, (i didn't do anything for the moment) so you have to wait for a while :-D as i wrote before i have many things to do until January. Sorry for the delay.

crusoli

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thats O.K. I'll be off for Christmas holidays anyway.
    So thanks for the effort so far. I'm looking forward to any further progress on this.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @all,

cboury is doing a good job. I really looking forward for the next releases. So far it works great for me. Only the OSD seems to be in the back sometimes or pause is not working. It depends from version to version. But I'm sure we will sort it out.

Rigth now everybody facing Christmas I wish everybody a nice time.

Regard
    kroko

:D

lopez.tuparles

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 20, 2006
    Mimet
    Hi,
    hope U had nice Christmas.

this one just to be patient.... I hope, at least, it correct the Jump step Issue.

Attachments

• TestVLC_0_9_X.zip
      30.6 KB
    A

andreyua

When I try watch film, always I see this message in cmdline: The command line options couldn't be loaded, check that they are valid.

How Videolan Plugin "know" where vlc player is located ?

lopez.tuparles

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 20, 2006
    Mimet
    When I try watch film, always I see this message in cmdline: The command line options couldn't be loaded, check that they are valid.
    Check if you had an old libVlc.dll in your directory near the plugin, you have to remove them, the command line could be different between VLC 0.9 & 0.8.

How Videolan Plugin "know" where vlc player is located ?
    it use the registry (HKLMSoftware\videolan\VLC\InstallDir) and create a dynamical Path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom