VideoLAN external player plugin (1 Viewer)

rogerbro

Portal Member
January 4, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
No, no external amplifier ...
Where do I find this "Numeric Audio" option? ... in VLC plugin configuration?

Yes, there is sound with VLC 0.9.8.a ...

---------------------

Ahh, found the setting ... Numeric Audio is unchecked ...

The German translation is strange ... "Numeric Audio" is translated to "Audio settings"

rogerbro

Portal Member
January 4, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hi all,

I still struggle to play some video-files, or actually there is no sound.
(As mentioned on some previous entries) the strange thing is that the files are played fine with VLC (standalone) application, but when using the plugin there is no sound.

I don't find any error-messages in the log-files. Are there somewhere additional log-settings where I might get more information what could go wrong?

Thanks for advice …
rogerbro

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    May I have a (little) sample of your file with no sound played ?
    Also, your VLC.xml config file, please.
    For your 407,408, 409 strings translation errors, did you copy strings_de in the correct folder ?
    I just tested, I have no those translation errors.
    Is there someone else having this no sound issue ?

rogerbro

Portal Member
    January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thank you for having a look at it ...

I have attached a short sample video (zip) and the VLC.xml

I copied strings_de.xml to the folder C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language\VideoLan. It is the right one, isn't it?
    But I checked the file and found that there are no entries with id's 407, 408 and 409 (?).

Thank you and regards,
    rogerbro

Attachments

• TestVideo.zip
      30.6 KB
    • VLC.xml
      30.6 KB

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    I copied strings_de.xml to the folder C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language\VideoLan. It is the right one, isn't it?
    Yes it is. :)
    But I checked the file and found that there are no entries with id's 407, 408 and 409 (?).
    I just checked in .rar provided before, 407-409 strings are in strings_de.xml (in english, not translated but, they are here) then, you should at least find them in your VideoLan language plugins MP folder.

For your sound problem :
    Remove your older VLC.xml and configure it again, it's better, please.
    What I found on my system :
    try with directx failsafe ==> no sound.
    try with directx ==> sound is working fine. ;)

Regards.

rogerbro

Portal Member
    January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Language issue:
    oops, my fault ... I took kroko's version (from 10-02- 2009), and only replaced the dlls (not string-files) from your version ...

Sound issue:
    Also solved ... thanks a lot ...
    I guess the deletion of the VLC.xml-file solved the problem ... I really tested all the DirectX, DiectX failback, OpenGL, ... before ...

I have one strange thing, the sound only plays the first time after deleting VLC.xml within "TestVLC" ... when I start the configuration menu again, then there is no sound again ... BUT it works fine in Mediaportal (so, I don't really care about it. But maybe good to know ...)

Again, thanks a lot for all the help ...

Regards,
    rogerbro

rogerbro

Portal Member
    January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi framug,

My success message was to early ... after deleting the VLC.xml config-file, I forgot to set the flag for the mpg-file. So, when starting Mediaportal the internal player took over, not the VLC plugin.

Now the behavior is even stranger ...
    - When deleting the VLC.xml config-file and starting the Mediaportal configuration application, the video files are played WITH sound at "TestVLC".
    - When restarting the configuration application, video files are played WITHOUT sound at "TestVLC".

Can you verify/confirm this behavior at your installation with my video-file?

After all, it seems it only works when no VLC.xml is existing (first time running after deleting the file).
    To me it looks like there is something wrong either with reading or writing the VLC.xml config-file (?)

Despite my earlier success message, the sound is never played in Mediaportal …

Regards,
    rogerbro

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    So, when starting Mediaportal the internal player took over, not the VLC plugin.
    That's why I told you video testing should be in config, not inside MP. ;)

Can you verify/confirm this behavior at your installation with my video-file?
    I will look ASAP if, some latest changes didn't break the VLC XmlConfig file.

EDIT : Please try with removing "--minimize-threads parameter" in first tab then, click on OK twice.
    Launch again MP configuration.exe and tell me if sound is here.
    The "--minimize-threads" parameter has been created for small PC but, it seems we could have audio issue with that.
    If most users can confirm then, I will remove this default enabled param.
    Thanks.

rogerbro

Portal Member
    January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Removing --minimize-threads solved the sound-issue ... and now I tested it multiple times, everywhere, TestVLC and MP ... ;-)
    Again, thanks a lot for your help ...

Now I have another minor issue, maybe you have a quick idea how to fix it. Otherwise doesn't matter, I'm already very pleased about the achieved result ...
    OSD is flickering ... I already disabled "OSD options" (with enabled flickering were even worse) ... Any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks ... regards, rogebro

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    OSD is flickering ... I already disabled "OSD options" (with enabled flickering were even worse) ... Any idea what could be the problem?
    Unfortunaltely not.
    We are aware of that but, we have no solution at the moment. :(

Depending on systems, you could have or not flickering.
    You have to try all combinaisons between the 3 parameters in red surrounded (see screenshot).
    :sorry: for no more solution at this time.

Attachments

• VLC.JPG
      VLC.JPG
      71.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom