ViewModeSwitcher plugin (Version 0.3) (1 Viewer)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm using ViewModeSwitcher under Vista 32 and EVR, no problems so far for many time ago... Sometimes (very little times) it fails to detect black bars, but in most cases is caused by "non really black" bars :)... I fix it adjusting Black Level tolerance.

bye, and once more: this plugin is A MUST HAVE!

HI peque.

Could you post your settings for LB detection please?

Thanks.

Regards,
    grubi.
    Here you have. Changes from "out-of-the-box settings" are:
    - Activated down black bar detection.
    - Black Level tolerance, from 0.1 to 0.3.

I've used Purevideo for many time, MainConcept for some days and currently Cyberlink PDVD9 MPEG2 decoders, no problem at all with any of them regarding this plugin.

bye!

Edit: After testing 0.3 for Black Level Tolerance for some days, I revert back to 0.2... Too much "sensible", it was changing to "Zoom" mode quite often. "Settings.rar" attached updated.

Attachments

• settings.rar
      30.6 KB

robhawk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 20, 2008
    Thuringia
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Edit: After testing 0.3 for Black Level Tolerance for some days, I revert back to 0.2... Too much "sensible", it was changing to "Zoom" mode quite often. "Settings.rar" attached updated.

Hey peque,

your settings work perfect for me!:D

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any problems with using this on 1.1 Alpha, and does it support smart stretching of 4:3 -> 16:9?

I have the same Issue on my 1.1 MP.

I can make my own settings and import other settings and this plugin lost my settings after restart MP config.

2009-08-11 22:42:42.682082 [Info.][MPMain]: Unable to start plugin:processPlugins.ViewModeSwitcher.ViewModeSwitcher exception:confused:ystem.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei oder Assembly "TVCapture, Version=1.0.2.42496, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
    Dateiname: "TVCapture, Version=1.0.2.42496, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"
    bei ProcessPlugins.ViewModeSwitcher.ViewModeSwitcher.Start()
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.Start()

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for a great, really useful plugin, but....

I've recently found a problem when using the 'overscan' setting in a rule.

It appears to work correctly in the vertical direction, cropping the top and bottom and then expanding the remainder to fill the screen.

In the horizontal direction it looks like it applies the cropping but doesn't expand the remainder - or maybe it expands the picture and then applies the cropping to the expanded picture - it's hard to tell. The effect is a picture with vertical black bars at the edges...

Logs and a screen capture showing the problem - to exagerate/show the issue this is with an 'overscan' setting of 100 pixels. It's 720 x 576 16:9 video at 'normal' zoom ratio, and the effect is the same fullscreen or windowed. I just use the plugin to provide zoom mode switching and overscan - not letterbox detection etc.

I'm running MP 1.0.2/Vista32/EVR renderer to a 1920x1080p display.

Has anyone else noticed this ?

Tony

Attachments

• Cropping_problem1.jpg
      Cropping_problem1.jpg
      154.1 KB

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Any problems with using this on 1.1 Alpha, and does it support smart stretching of 4:3 -> 16:9?

I have the same Issue on my 1.1 MP.

I can make my own settings and import other settings and this plugin lost my settings after restart MP config.

2009-08-11 22:42:42.682082 [Info.][MPMain]: Unable to start plugin:processPlugins.ViewModeSwitcher.ViewModeSwitcher exception:confused:ystem.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei oder Assembly "TVCapture, Version=1.0.2.42496, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
    Dateiname: "TVCapture, Version=1.0.2.42496, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"
    bei ProcessPlugins.ViewModeSwitcher.ViewModeSwitcher.Start()
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.Start()

You are using a old version of the plugin. Please download latest.

Simone

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Big thanks chemelli!!

I have used the 0.3.1.With the new 0.3.2 is already ok.:oops:

Cressari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2008
    Konstanz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This plugin i discovered today. Its fantastic and works very fine with peques settings. Thanks for this perfect work.

One small question: Is it possible to configure (for 16:9) so that if there is no Letterbox detectet it switches to normal and if Letterbox detected it switches to 14:9 AR?? @the moment it switches to Zoom if LB detected, i would like to have 14:9. Any hints?

Thank you very much all and especially Author

Cress

Hulkytrog

September 5, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for a great, really useful plugin, but....

I've recently found a problem when using the 'overscan' setting in a rule.

It appears to work correctly in the vertical direction, cropping the top and bottom and then expanding the remainder to fill the screen.

In the horizontal direction it looks like it applies the cropping but doesn't expand the remainder - or maybe it expands the picture and then applies the cropping to the expanded picture - it's hard to tell. The effect is a picture with vertical black bars at the edges...

Logs and a screen capture showing the problem - to exagerate/show the issue this is with an 'overscan' setting of 100 pixels. It's 720 x 576 16:9 video at 'normal' zoom ratio, and the effect is the same fullscreen or windowed. I just use the plugin to provide zoom mode switching and overscan - not letterbox detection etc.

I'm running MP 1.0.2/Vista32/EVR renderer to a 1920x1080p display.

Has anyone else noticed this ?

Tony

I also have this problem. Exact same setup as you. 720 x 576 16:9 video, 'normal' zoom ratio, MP 1.0.2/Vista32/EVR renderer to a 1920x1080p display.

I only use 5 pixel overscan so I can't say it's a major issue for me (it still does the job of cleaning up the edges of the image), but it would be nice to get it sorted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom