Virtual Keyboard Not displayed correctly (1 Viewer)

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I think I fixed it. Please test the attached dialogs.dll (replace the current one in plugins\windows).
    Please test if it works with the different skins you use/have installed. Thanks.

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi!

If your intention was to make the keyboard bigger, I suppose you have succeed. IMO it looks better now! The attached screenshots show before and after on my machine.

//johnzered

Attachments

• before.jpg
      before.jpg
      60 KB
    • after.jpg
      after.jpg
      76 KB

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Here's an update where the white textbox area is more properly sized, and it should be possible to fill the proper amount of text into it.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry I didn't get back to you all on this. Thanks for Fixing. My wife is happy.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    ok, the display for the virtual keyboard is not right again. it is not as bad as before, but the word "contains" does not fit within the button.

Also, why are there 2 different font sizes for the text on the keys??? "done", "contains", all the number and letter keys, and a couple of others are different than "Shift", "Accent", and "Space"

Can someone look into this again? I know it is nit-picky, but I use the Virtual Keyboard quite a bit and it is a little annoying. I guess I am a perfectionist!!

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    mlburgoon, can you make a couple of screenshots to describe the error? Then I will try to fix it.

:D

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    attached are pics of monochrome skin (others are the same or similar).

Notice how the font size is different on some keys. especially bad on a vkbd that has the word "Contains" on it.

Also notice that the vkbd is different size depending on where you get to it from. the one in Global Search is just as bad as the original, while the other from videos\IMDB\manual is just a little messed up.

This is on a complete uninstall and re-install of RC3 but no SVN applied yet.
    thanks

Attachments

• monochrome_video_kbd.jpg
      monochrome_video_kbd.jpg
      104.8 KB

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The issue with the too small keyboard comes when changing to a different skin (with a different size) from within MediaPortal. This is a minor bug that won't be fixed in MP 1.0, I am afraid. Restarting MP fixes that issue.

I have been unable to reproduce the other issue (font not centered properly) and therefore I find it difficult to fix. Looking at the code I didn't find anything wrong, so unless I can find a way to reproduce the error locally, I won't be able to fix the issue.

Does the keyboard always look wrong or do you have to do something first to make it appear strange?

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    I always looks wrong. no matter the skin. I willdouble check this to make sure, but I am pretty sure it is the case.

The really odd thing to me is the different font sizes.

Can you post a screen shot of your keyboard just for comparison?

I just checked mine again. Monochrome looks the same. But Blue 3 looks fine. Problem is, I have a 1080P tv. I wonder if this could be an issue with widescreen vs. 4x3????

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom